I hate the Washington Post!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just sent them a complaint email - not like they're going to care :rolleyes:. We can't quote them, we can't link to them (because of the registration issue) - don't they WANT anyone to read their stupid online paper?

Effing liberal rag. Control freaks. Azzholes.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I just sent them a complaint email - not like they're going to care :rolleyes:.

Post it!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I hate the whole registration thing too, but what's this about not letting anyone quote from articles? That's ridiculous.

SmallTown

Football season!
I just sent them a complaint email - not like they're going to care :rolleyes:. We can't quote them, we can't link to them (because of the registration issue) - don't they WANT anyone to read their stupid online paper?

Easy solution. Don't read it. :rolleyes:

Vince

Did you use some nice descriptive phrases?:biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: I hate the Washington Post!!!

Originally posted by Vince
Did you use some nice descriptive phrases?:biggrin:

Like, "Tell Ben Bradlee to stop banging that airhead Sally Quinn. I read her book 'The Party' and it's a piece of gossipy trash.' "

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
Easy solution. Don't read it.
Oh...I forgot...reading for comprehension isn't your strong suit. :rolleyes: My beef is that when someone on here wants to call attention to a WashPost online article, you cannot quote more than a paragraph or they'll sic their lawyers on us (note the new warning at the top of the News forum). If you link to the article, no one can read it unless they are registered with the site. They have now gone beyond merely wanting your zipcode, which was annoying enough - now they want full information so they can spam you to death in retaliation for you wanting to read one of their stories.

So to hell with the Washington Post. I can find my news sources somewhere else and give them the isolation and privacy they seem to want.

Vince

They have now gone beyond merely wanting your zipcode, which was annoying enough - now they want full information so they can spam you to death in retaliation for you wanting to read one of their stories.
:yeahthat: That's why I won't register with the azzholes.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Vince
:yeahthat: That's why I won't register with the azzholes.

:lol: Did you try giving fake registration information? Tell them you're a 97-year-old retiree living in Bowie or something.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Tonio
:lol: Did you try giving fake registration information? Tell them you're a 97-year-old retiree living in Bowie or something.

:yeahthat: I have a Yahoo account for just this purpose. I don't use it for personal email, just as an account to sign up to various websites with (including SOMD).