Pet supplies

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'm looking for any good and inexpensive places on the internet to get pet supplies. I have both dogs and cats, so someplace that sells stuff for both would be a bonus. :) I went to PetSmart yesterday, and wasn't terribly impressed at the prices or selection.

One thing I'm interested in getting now right now is a Kitty Condo/Playhouse. I got a small carpet-covered one from Wal*Mart that my two kitties have destroyed in two months. I've seen ones that are covered in sisal (rope) that claims to last longer, so does anyone have any experience with them? I'm afraid of plunking down $100+ for this playstation for them and they won't like it or it doesn't last. The kitties are bored and need something to entertain them. I'm tired of picking up the shreds from the cheap one and them tearing up the carpet.

Also, any advice on kitty toys to keep them occupied while we're at work? The balls and such just don't keep their interest. What they absolutely LOVE is the feather toy on a wand, but it requires user input (ME) to make it work and keep them occupied.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jazz lady
Also, any advice on kitty toys to keep them occupied while we're at work? The balls and such just don't keep their interest. What they absolutely LOVE is the feather toy on a wand, but it requires user input (ME) to make it work and keep them occupied.

You ARE kidding right? Cat owners know that the little devils sleep ALL day so they can interact with their owners ALL night. :biggrin:

Ever tried hanging things from elastic string? I have a basket with their toys in it and they love to pick them out...but only at night. It seems to begin right around 9 p.m. Drs. Foster & Smith have some nice products. I don't have an address for them but you can look them up on the internet.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mine must be strange, because they're active from the time we get up around 6 until about 10 or so, sleep for awhile, then are active from 6 until we go to bed. I close the bedroom door at night because I don't like speed runs across my face and foot pounces at 2 in the morning. :biggrin: But I do know they tear around at night, but I'm blissfully unaware.

I've bought from Drs. Foster & Smith - pretty good selection but rather pricey - in fact, I was looking at their catalogue last night while relaxing in the jacuzzi. I looked at about 20 web sites at lunch today and thought there has to be SOMETHING out there less expensive than them.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Boomer

That looks just like Boomy in the Pirate costume! Maybe our next gathering could be a Halloween party for the "kiddies."

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Boomer

Originally posted by cattitude
That looks just like Boomy in the Pirate costume! Maybe our next gathering could be a Halloween party for the "kiddies."

I don't think my dogs would "talk" to me again if I dressed them up like that. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady
I close the bedroom door at night because I don't like speed runs across my face and foot pounces at 2 in the morning.
I can't imagine why not. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

spinner

Try New England Serum. They changed names recently but I don't remember what the new name is. I like the catalog better than the website, I think you can order one online. Check out the Zaney toys, the prices are good and they hold up pretty well. I order most of my grooming supplies from them, they ship quick.