Pellet Stoves?

CMC122

Go Braves!
We had one in our old house and loved it. We used it to heat the basement. THe people we bought ours from are no longer in business but I believe there is a place in Edgewater that sells them.
If you do get one it's best to buy the pellets in the summer or early fall. Most place's that sell them sell out and don't restock them so far into the winter. We actually would buy a tractor trailer load of them with a group of people. Alot of places let you buy them by the pallett. I highly suggest that!

We averaged a 40lb bag in a 24 hour period heating 1,000 sq foot area.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Sorry to jump into your thread, but thought that I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I do not own a Pellet stove, but I do own a ventless gas fireplace that I had installed last year. The thing ROCKS! I got it to supplement my heat-pump, but it can actually heat my 1,200 sq ft Love Shack just fine. Aside from the initial set up costs (about $1,300) it is reasonably inexpensive to operate. And the remote-control device is the bomb. It can heat the great room in about 10 minutes, and heat the whole house in about 30 minutes.

You may want to consider this a possible option for your home instead of the pellet stove.

Whatever do you, enjoy! :smile:

F

Filth08xXx

We have a pellet stove in our basement...it's wonderful, but gets hot as a crotch down here lol Ummmm we have a black "baby bear" stove...least expensive, we're cheap ba$tards...go to hearth & patio in Waldorf and they have pellets, pellet stoves, jacuzzis, etc. etc. so check it out d00d...I have no experience with a gas stove, and fireplaces are just queer. Too much cleaning and "physical" labour involved.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
more questions

Originally posted by CMC122
We actually would buy a tractor trailer load of them with a group of people. Alot of places let you buy them by the pallett. I highly suggest that!

How do you get hooked up with a group who buys it like this, is it all in bags or loose, and where do they deliver it too?

Thanks for the info!
~happy

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: more questions

Originally posted by happyappygirl
Originally posted by CMC122
We actually would buy a tractor trailer load of them with a group of people. Alot of places let you buy them by the pallett. I highly suggest that!

How do you get hooked up with a group who buys it like this, is it all in bags or loose, and where do they deliver it too?

Thanks for the info!
~happy
:lol: Just about everyone we know has one. A friend has a connection. It would be a tractor trailor load of pallets that are loaded with the 40lb bags.

My parents have one. The year before they got it, their house was always COLD! I HATE HEAT PUMPS! The first winter they had it, we had lots of snow. They averaged $150 a month electric bill, and burned either 1 or 2 tons of pellets over the winter. Their neighbors (without pellet stoves, heat pumps only) were running $300+ a month electric bills. When I finish our basement, I plan to install one.

Vince

Just got one this year. Love it. Got one that inserts into the fireplace. It doesn't cook you out of the house like my old wood stove. Haven't found the best place to buy pellets, but I was getting the 60lb. bags at Ace Hardware for $3.00 a bag. Heard you can get a better deal at Walmart if you buy them by the pallet. Think I'll try that.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by kwillia
So, can you use these things when the electric is out...:confused:
Not unless you have a generator:bubble:

But perks include not having to buy or find wood to split, you don't have to drag wood in and out that is all covered with bugs and dirt, You only have to stock it once a day, and it burns pretty clean.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Filth08xXx
fireplaces are just queer. Too much cleaning and "physical" labour involved.

I didn't need to know THAT much about the personal lives of fireplaces. :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Check the fireplace store in the Callaway Center behind A&W. I'm 90% sure they sell pellet stoves and pellets.

Bonehead

Don't waste your time with that shop. Absolutely worthless in my opinion. No service after repeated stops and leaving my name and number. They suck.:mad:

DixieGirl

Originally posted by Bonehead
Don't waste your time with that shop. Absolutely worthless in my opinion. No service after repeated stops and leaving my name and number. They suck.:mad:

I heard that too about these people.