Dog Training

4mygirls

Does anyone know of a really good Dog Obedience School in the area? We will be getting a German Shepard Puppy in a few weeks and I am looking for some help training her.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
here's a good list:
Sit! Stay! Come!# Dog Obedience Classes Benefit Humans and Canines Alike - Southern Maryland - This is Living Magazine

and here's another thread about it that is probably as helpful as any other thread in this forum:
http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/160358-dog-obedience.html

ICit probably has the best answers though.

there is ONLY ONE person I would ever recommend.... and MANY i would say stay away from (but I will not say right out those names... but i will PM the names)

I trust this person as her MANY YEARS of being a K9 handler and trainer has given her what MANY "trainers" will never have... and that is the understanding of K9 behavior.

ANY FOOL can "learn" how to train a dog..... BUT its the understanding of the K9 behavior that is needed when there is a problem. Not all K9s are the same.

NRIT

I train my own, but I can say consistency and patience are going to become your new best friends. ;) congrats on the pup!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I train my own, but I can say consistency and patience are going to become your new best friends. ;) congrats on the pup!

:howdy:

so did i... until the :crazy: one came along :killingme :killingme

hope to see you soon :love:

betaswim1379

Applejack in Saint Mary's County.

They own GSD and do a wonderful job. I took my Akita there a few years ago to try to get her better trained to get along with my fiance's GSD.

Terrylt7

Sit Means Sit, Lance is great. He is training our 5 month old puppy now.
Apple Jack, well I have heard way to many bad stories about them!! Good Luck.

PrepH4U

Sit Means Sit, Lance is great. He is training our 5 month old puppy now.
Apple Jack, well I have heard way to many bad stories about them!! Good Luck.
So did you have to buy the electronic shock collar for him to use on your dog?
I would rather use positive training methods not ones that command instant fear.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Here is a PSA to really do your homework when trying to decide on a trainer. The following article is very disturbing so beware.

Animal cruelty at Aberdeen Acres Pet Care Center

I would never leave my dog at a facility for training without any input.

I agree- I mean, part of the dog training experience is the trainer teaching YOU, the owner and handler how to work with the dog. You are being trained as well as the canine!

herekittykitty

I just saw this and did not know if you had already made your decision. If you have not then I would highly recommend BFF Pet Services. Christina McCauley is a remarkable trainer.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I just saw this and did not know if you had already made your decision. If you have not then I would highly recommend BFF Pet Services. Christina McCauley is a remarkable trainer.

:dingding:.........

and thats who I send EVERYONE TO!!!! :yahoo: :buddies:

luvmygdaughters

Here is a PSA to really do your homework when trying to decide on a trainer. The following article is very disturbing so beware.

Animal cruelty at Aberdeen Acres Pet Care Center

I would never leave my dog at a facility for training without any input.

I'd like to hang him in the air by a choke collar until all two feet are off the ground and he urinates and defecates all over himself. WOuldnt mind punching, kicking and throwing the SOB around a little either. Oh yeah and throw in a few good shocks just for good measure.