What is up with this traffic

C

czygvtwkr

Yesterday I was 25 minutes early to work because I was expecting the normal traffic since he WNY shooting, today I left 15 minutes later than yesterday and got to work 30 minutes late. The worst part is you can't figure out if there will be bad traffic or not on any particular day.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Yesterday I was 25 minutes early to work because I was expecting the normal traffic since he WNY shooting, today I left 15 minutes later than yesterday and got to work 30 minutes late. The worst part is you can't figure out if there will be bad traffic or not on any particular day.
25 minutes early to work just means you can read/watch the news, grab some coffee, hit the head.....ease into your day.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
Took me an extra 10-15 minutes just to get through gate 1 @ 6:00 this morning. Gate guards are examining CAC cards very carefully? :shrug:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Took me an extra 10-15 minutes just to get through gate 1 @ 6:00 this morning. Gate guards are examining CAC cards very carefully? :shrug:

Yesterday the guard actually flexed my card. I don't know what that proves or disproves. I wonder how a fake card flexes?

goughrmak

I have noticed the past few work days that the gate guards are taking a little more time inspecting the CAC's as well as looking at the picture and comparing it to the driver. Better security. Wonder what, exactly, prompted that?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Security is usually less intense at Solomons, but today they had mirrors under vehicles and people out of their cars, searching everything.

pelers

I have noticed the past few work days that the gate guards are taking a little more time inspecting the CAC's as well as looking at the picture and comparing it to the driver. Better security. Wonder what, exactly, prompted that?

I noticed that. They flipped mine around a few times, bent down to peek into my car.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Up here around DC, it is always that way. Tuesday traffic is typically worse than Mondays and Fridays because so many people play "hooky" on those days. Wednesdays are the worst and my arrival time can vary by 30 minutes or more depending on what day it is. Just leave earlier than normal Tuesday thru Thursday and hope for the best.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
...and, if this is supposed to be the "Land of Pleasant Living," why do folks drive so inattentively and hastily?

MMM_donuts

It took me 71 minutes to go the 6 miles from my driveway in Wildewood to my parking lot on base at Pax. 71 minutes!!!

C

czygvtwkr

It took me 71 minutes to go the 6 miles from my driveway in Wildewood to my parking lot on base at Pax. 71 minutes!!!

I live close enough that I can hear the national anthem at my house on a calm quiet day and it took me an hour to get to work one day last week.

dave1959

ahhhhhh.....Maybe Navy yard shooting.....

bilbur

I finally saw someone get busted for using the turn lane as a through lane. I was sitting at McDonalds when I saw an SUV blow past everyone in the turn lane and 2 seconds later there was an un-marked car with its lights on in pursuit. After I got my breakfast I passed them both in the Kmart parking lot as she was getting a ticket.:killingme:lmao::thewave:

molly_21

Up here around DC, it is always that way. Tuesday traffic is typically worse than Mondays and Fridays because so many people play "hooky" on those days. Wednesdays are the worst and my arrival time can vary by 30 minutes or more depending on what day it is. Just leave earlier than normal Tuesday thru Thursday and hope for the best.

I don't think people play hooky that much (well, OK some do). Metro DC area federal gov't and contractors tend to have a better telework policy then Pax River. It has been proven most people telework those days over other's (I do know people who telework Thursday's if they get every Friday off).

When I was working in Silver Spring. I found traffic horrendous on Friday's when I left work (at 3pm). I figured out that alot of people either worked later during the week so they could leave early on Friday's or they rented a room in a basement or something and went to their actual "homes" Friday after work.