Long Fence

calvcopf

For anyone needing fence repair or installation, I strongly recommend AGAINST Longe Fence. Their scheduling is the worst ever. They are quick to take your money, but never show up when they are supposed to. They also "forget" to order the supplies. I wish I would have never given them a single penny of my money. Sadly, I gave them thousands of dollars to be treated like crap.

Last edited:

Caution

For anyone needing fence repair or installation, I strongly recommend AGAINST Longe Fence. Their scheduling is the worst ever. They are quick to take your money, but never show up when they are supposed to. They also "forget" to order the supplies. I wish I would have never given them a single penny of my money. Sadly, I gave them may thousands of dollars to be treated like crap.

I had a different experience but this was '00 timeframe. They were pricier than the others I got estimates from but they offered the guarantee that applied as long as I owned the property so I chose them.

Things change so my opinions on them are dated. Sorry you are having a rough time with them.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
For anyone needing fence repair or installation, I strongly recommend AGAINST Longe Fence. Their scheduling is the worst ever. They are quick to take your money, but never show up when they are supposed to. They also "forget" to order the supplies. I wish I would have never given them a single penny of my money. Sadly, I gave them may thousands of dollars to be treated like crap.

I had a fence done by Long also. Never again will I deal with them.

They had to come back 3 times to fix things they screwed up, they couldnt even hang the gate so it swung in the right direction.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
They did my fence. Within a month boards were cracked and warped and two posts had split. I called it in for repairs (setting this up was a nightmare). I told them 60 boards and two posts needed replacing. I made her repeat it back to me twice. When they came they brought SIX boards. SIX! They never came back even after many many calls.

Roman

They did my fence. Within a month boards were cracked and warped and two posts had split. I called it in for repairs (setting this up was a nightmare). I told them 60 boards and two posts needed replacing. I made her repeat it back to me twice. When they came they brought SIX boards. SIX! They never came back even after many many calls.
WOW...that's terrible Bres!! It used to be top notch back in the day.

frequentflier

happy to be living
For anyone needing fence repair or installation, I strongly recommend AGAINST Longe Fence. Their scheduling is the worst ever. They are quick to take your money, but never show up when they are supposed to. They also "forget" to order the supplies. I wish I would have never given them a single penny of my money. Sadly, I gave them thousands of dollars to be treated like crap.

Guess it would have helped to ask on here about a good/bad fence co before signing a contract. Most of the most reliable contractors, etc we have found by referral from other forumites! And we have been able to avoid dealing with the bad!

calvcopf

Guess it would have helped to ask on here about a good/bad fence co before signing a contract. Most of the most reliable contractors, etc we have found by referral from other forumites! And we have been able to avoid dealing with the bad!

You are correct! I will check here before the next big project!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
but ... but ... but ...

you are ruining the company’s reputation.....
:killingme

bilbur

My parents had a fence installed 6 or 8 years ago and I thought they used Long Fence. They were actually impressed with whoever they had. The people that did the actual installation were all Mexican and did not speak any English. My dad tried to explain to them he saw a few ground bees on the back side of the existing fence but I don't think they fully understood. When they were taking the old fence out the bees lit 2 of their guys up but they laughed about it, dug the nest up, and finished the job. I believe my dad said it was a little expensive but the fence still looks good today.

OldHillcrestGuy

You are correct! I will check here before the next big project!

Sorry for your experince with Long. I wouldnt contract with them if they were the last ones around. There are several fence companies in SoMd I'd give my money too before them, and keep the money in SoMd.
Too late now, but there is Massey, McKee, Thomas and Clinton to name a few. I had Massey about 6 years ago, changed out chain to vinyl after I added my garage. Changed out all the chain link, on the side that faced the street, kept chain around rest of yard. It amounted to maybe 50 feet with double gate to the backyard. They did a great job. Got estimates from McKee and Massey, went with Massey, once worked with owners mother many moons ago, at the same time my son was a soccer coach for McKee's son, was a difficult decsion who to choose, estimates were pretty close.
Once had Long's down to give estimate for replacement windows, you would have thought I lived in, Potomac Md or McLean Va. Price was out of this world. Got windows done for about half of what they wanted by Tony and Mickey Graham at Southern Maryland Windows.

BOP

A couple of years ago, we had Massey do our fence. Not a problem. It's not your high end fence, but this isn't our dream house, either.

LondontownLife

Great experience with Mid-Atlantic Deck & Fence

In the Spring, we had an aluminum fence installed by Mid-Atlantic Deck & Fence. Of the three written bids, theirs was not only the lowest, but they seemed the most credible. And they included the permit application (required for critical area).

They showed up exactly on time and completed the entire job as promised. It included keeping the fence sections level along an up & down hill side, and fabricating a gate to fit. The crew of three asked questions when appropriate and their supervisor showed up mid-day to check on their progress. First-rate job.

calvcopf

I should have clarified that my issues were not with the installation crew, just the office pukes. The workers that have been to my house were always friendly.