California (MD) Chick-Fil-A

BernieP

Resident PIA
I know, CLOSED for Renovations. But so was Bob Evans and they were back up in a week.
Yesterday they were pouring concrete, what in blue blazes is going on?
I've seen new stores built faster.

Thank you

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I know, CLOSED for Renovations. But so was Bob Evans and they were back up in a week.

Thank you

I agree and with as small as that lot is what more could they do? Maybe build a second floor? I don't usually make it by that way but after my class last Saturday I had a desire for a chicken sandwich. I had a few other errands to run in the area so I saved that stop until last. Imagine my utter :lol: disappointment that they were closed for renovations and all but gutted.

Since then I've happened to be in that shopping center a few times during working hours this past week and I have not even seen anyone working on it. I mean when they redid the Taco Bell they kept the drive through open. I cannot even think about how much money they are losing each week.

HorseQueen

Thank you

Heard they are putting in another drive through lane.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Heard they are putting in another drive through lane.

Hell you cant park or get through the drive through as it is. How is gutting the building on such a small plot of land going to make it any better? will it turn into a checker's like setup with two drive through and no more dining inside?

HorseQueen

Hell you cant park or get through the drive through as it is. How is gutting the building on such a small plot of land going to make it any better? will it turn into a checker's like setup with two drive through and no more dining inside?

I thought the same thing! I knew they were making the renovations (I assumed mainly just the extra drive through lane) because the one in Waldorf and Edgewater did the same thing. I googled California Chick F La to try and get some more details. They have a fb page, and it looks like they demolished the entire inside and are starting from scratch. Not sure why. That just seems crazy. Apparently everything will be done on the 11th. (Veterans Day).

"Chick-fil-A at first colony center" is the name of the page.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I thought the same thing! I knew they were making the renovations (I assumed mainly just the extra drive through lane) because the one in Waldorf and Edgewater did the same thing. I googled California Chick F La to try and get some more details. They have a fb page, and it looks like they demolished the entire inside and are starting from scratch. Not sure why. That just seems crazy. Apparently everything will be done on the 11th. (Veterans Day).

"Chick-fil-A at first colony center" is the name of the page.

If they plan on having that done by the 11th they better have a lot of illegals on the job 24/7. I don't see it happening. To me it just looks like a shell of a building at this point. Being that it is clearly a very popular place and that that shopping center is so compact & crowded. I personally think they would be much better off in a location like where the Burger King is. I know it won't happen but what is the point of having parking spaces if you can't get in or out of them due to the volume of drive through customers. I cannot recall seeing this anywhere else ever.

stix

the place was completely gutted and the back end extended for a bigger kitchen. The kitchen was rearranged with a new layout to be more efficient so new plumbing had to be installed. It should take a month to complete the whole job. You will also notice the drink fountains will be installed in the lobby so now you can get your own refills.

calvcopf

Thank you

That place must make mad BANK! Wish they would build one in Calvert!
Love Chick-Fil-A!
Their customer service is unmatched as far as fast food goes and food is always spot on! :)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That place must make mad BANK! Wish they would build one in Calvert!
Love Chick-Fil-A!
Their customer service is unmatched as far as fast food goes and food is always spot on! :)

I ate there once. I would rather have Raman noodles than what Chic-Fil-a passes off as food. The chicken sandwich sucked moose nads, and the waffle fries tasted like the were in Food Lions freezer section through a few power outages.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My kids absolutely love Chick-fil-a. I think their chicken sandwich beats anything McD's or Wendy's has. They do awesome business and even more so around the upcoming holiday.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
the place was completely gutted and the back end extended for a bigger kitchen. The kitchen was rearranged with a new layout to be more efficient so new plumbing had to be installed. It should take a month to complete the whole job. You will also notice the drink fountains will be installed in the lobby so now you can get your own refills.

I hope they're the magic soda machines that Burger King has..

BernieP

Resident PIA
I hope they're the magic soda machines that Burger King has..

better be fuzzy soda or vrai will not be happy.
:popcorn:

BTW, thanks for the information. When I first saw the "Closed for renovations" sign I was expecting a week or 2.
2 weeks later and the exterior of the building was gone, then it was surrounded by dumpsters and such.
Yesterday I passed by and they are pouring concrete and I was just:confused:

Good luck, hope your customers come back, well actually I hope your employees come back because they are what makes Chick-Fil-A different from the rest.

Last edited: