Bullying or Racism .... or both

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
really ? just man up and knock the mf'r on his ass ...

Horrific Details Emerge About Bullied NFL Player Who Went AWOL – and a Big-Name Player May Lose His Job Over It

Miami Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin reportedly left his team and drove “straight to a hospital” last week when he could no longer deal with the alleged bullying from his teammates. Now, stunning details outlining what Martin has apparently been dealing with are emerging — and one player may even lose his job for his role in the alleged bullying.

Richie Incognito, a starting guard for the Miami Dolphins, is accused of using a racial slur to describe Martin and also sending him threatening text messages, CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora first reported.

PJumper

really ? just man up and knock the mf'r on his ass ...

Horrific Details Emerge About Bullied NFL Player Who Went AWOL – and a Big-Name Player May Lose His Job Over It

Miami Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin reportedly left his team and drove “straight to a hospital” last week when he could no longer deal with the alleged bullying from his teammates. Now, stunning details outlining what Martin has apparently been dealing with are emerging — and one player may even lose his job for his role in the alleged bullying.

Richie Incognito, a starting guard for the Miami Dolphins, is accused of using a racial slur to describe Martin and also sending him threatening text messages, CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora first reported.

Incognito's VM to Martin, even if intended as part of a "Rookie" indoc, IMHO has gone out of control. Now, to get all bent out of shape an seek medical attention because your teammates stood up when you try to dine with them is also unexpected for a grown man.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You bust the m'fr in the head with your helmet, kick him in the nards, punch him in the throat, piss in his gatorade.

Do something to prove you aren't a a pussy.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder if the bully looked more like the victim would those words have been so evil and threatening. Listen to a few rap songs, you can hear those words all the time.

Inkd

A pretty good article actually from Yahoo. Most times I think their sports coverage is pretty bad but this is a well written article.

Y! SPORTS

And apparently Incognito had enough of a reputation that at least a couple of teams passed by him in the draft.

Y! SPORTS

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A pretty good article actually from Yahoo. Most times I think their sports coverage is pretty bad but this is a well written article.

Y! SPORTS

Pretty sure Eric Adelson is gay. Either that or he spent his childhood tattling to Mommy over every little thing. Maybe still does.

This is an offensive tackle, people. His job is to grab other men and throw them to the ground. It's absurd to think that he's off crying because some bad man hurt his feelings.

I think this guy said it perfectly:

The New York Giants' Antrel Rolle told WFAN that Martin "is just as much to blame as Richie because he allowed it to happen. At this level, you're a man. You're not a little boy. You're not a freshman in college. You're a man."

AND!! I have a rant so fasten up!

Jonathan Martin is 24 years old, which means he is a product of the crybaby generation that wasn't allowed to play dodgeball because it's too mean; when every kid got a trophy and papers weren't graded; and yes, when everything that offends your tender feelings is bullying.

These kids are not cut out for the real world, and certainly not for professional sports. Martin needs to get a teaching job so he can put his new age attitude to work because he DOES NOT belong on a football field. I don't know how he even freaking made it to the pros.

Hank

my war
Why not? We already know he's not going to do anything about it except cry and go to the hospital.

Brian Orakpo, linebacker for the Skins summed it up on a radio show yesterday and said if someone was harassing me like that, he would get punched in the face. Done deal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brian Orakpo, linebacker for the Skins summed it up on a radio show yesterday and said if someone was harassing me like that, he would get punched in the face. Done deal.

Seems simple enough doesn't it?

What's interesting is that all the players appear to back Incognito. You'd think there'd be backlash from the brothas for slinging around the N-word, but...nope.

Hank

my war
Seems simple enough doesn't it?

What's interesting is that all the players appear to back Incognito. You'd think there'd be backlash from the brothas for slinging around the N-word, but...nope.

Hey. The cracka receiver from Philly was throwing it around on video and they seemed to rally around him as well. I think it's ok for us to use it now.....:shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It was only a matter of time. This is the product of the sideline parenting/coaching, everybody's a winner mentality.