Steak in a Sack in Charlotte Hall!?

belvak

Happy Camper
Saw a sign yesterday morning for Steak in a Sack coming soon to the old 7-11 at the corner of Golden Beach Road and Rt. 5. Anyone have the inside scoop? Same folks who run the one in Marlow Heights?

OldHillcrestGuy

If its the same folks, they are going to need more room then that old place could have. The Steak in a Sack in Marlow is a landmark thats been in business for well over 50 years. My Dad still lives up in the hood and goes in there about once or twice a week, I'll have to call and have him ask those folks if they are the ones. If not somebody is trying to use their name to attract business down here.:buddies:

dachsom

If its the same folks, they are going to need more room then that old place could have. The Steak in a Sack in Marlow is a landmark thats been in business for well over 50 years. My Dad still lives up in the hood and goes in there about once or twice a week, I'll have to call and have him ask those folks if they are the ones. If not somebody is trying to use their name to attract business down here.:buddies:

If I am not mistaken, it is a franchise. We had them in Florida

belvak

Happy Camper
My brother says there's a Steak in a Sack in Ft. Washington too. Not sure if that's the same people either. Anyway, the sign says they will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

abcxyz

My brother says there's a Steak in a Sack in Ft. Washington too. Not sure if that's the same people either. Anyway, the sign says they will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That one is nothing like the one in Marlow Heights!! Disappointed...

RPMDAD

Have only ever eaten at the one in Marlow Heights, and that has been a long time ago, used to be pretty good.

SamSpade

Have only ever eaten at the one in Marlow Heights, and that has been a long time ago, used to be pretty good.

Still is. I took my Dad there once about a year ago. Used to go a lot, but I don't have a car at work anymore.

luvmygdaughters

Still is. I took my Dad there once about a year ago. Used to go a lot, but I don't have a car at work anymore.

Is it still in the same place in the shopping center? I used to work at Croyste Toyota in Marlow Heights and loved going to steak in a sack for lunch. I'm suprised to hear its still there.

SamSpade

Is it still in the same place in the shopping center? I used to work at Croyste Toyota in Marlow Heights and loved going to steak in a sack for lunch. I'm suprised to hear its still there.

Yup, last time I checked. It ain't Sardi's, but it's still good food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Steak in a Sack is gross. I'd rather have a Steak 'n Shake. In fact I could go for a Wisconsin Buttery and a Red Velvet shake right now.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes its the same folks from Marlow Hgts. Confirmed by my dad today, its one of his favorite places in the hood to eat. Goes at least once a week, I told him to check it next time he was there. The one owner wasnt to open to talk about it but said yes its his family.
That old 7-11 isnt big enough to hold too many diners, wonder if a expansion to the back might be in their plans.