Publication Companies near Mechanicsville?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm CONSIDERING a job change, to something closer to our new home. Are there any large companies with publications departments within a 20 mile radius of Mechanicsville worth checking into?
Another option is to hang my own shingle, Desk top publishing, brochures, flyers, books, website setup and design that sort of thing. Any unput?
Thanks!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Most of the area's printing companies are in Waldorf, including large firms like Catterton and Automated Graphics.

K

Kizzy

Those companies are 15-17 miles from mechanicsville. :wink: It would be your best beat. Also Automated Graphics is on 229 just off Billingsley Road, not sure if the town is Waldorf or White Plains. You can take Billingsley Road just off of 5 and it is a straight shot.

It is a house that has been converted to a printing company.

crazytown

I used to work for Automated Graphics and loved it, but as you I wanted to be closer to home (lxpx) and changed jobs (pooh). The woman who runs the desktop publishing department is WONDERFUL! Send your resume to dmoats@ags.com (HR). I would recommend this company to anyone-----the people and management are great!

GOOD LUCK!!!

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Originally posted by IM4Change
Those companies are 15-17 miles from mechanicsville. :wink: It would be your best beat. Also Automated Graphics is on 229 just off Billingsley Road, not sure if the town is Waldorf or White Plains. You can take Billingsley Road just off of 5 and it is a straight shot.

It is a house that has been converted to a printing company.

I thought Automated Graphics was in a large building on DeMarr Road, which runs parallel to Billingsley Road between 301 and St Charles Parkway? I applied there years ago, even went there in person. I suppose they could have moved...but from a big building to an old house?