Striped Rock Raw Shrimp

Last night started out nice until my fried shrimp showed up undercooked. Waitress had a million excuses and said that it wasn't the batter that was undercooked like I suspected but it was indeed the shrimp. She joked it was like sushi. I returned the meal I barely ate and they took it off our bill so I ate some of my husbands meal. The waitress told me that the fry cook was now fired which made me feel bad. I called the owner this morning and found out that was not the case. She offered me a gift card but never took my information. I'm not one to complain but this struck a nerve. Undercooked seafood is not funny. The place looks great but the service and food is terrible.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sorry to hear that. I have dined there twice and both times it was good, as well as the service.

Caution

Last night started out nice until my fried shrimp showed up undercooked. Waitress had a million excuses and said that it wasn't the batter that was undercooked like I suspected but it was indeed the shrimp. She joked it was like sushi. I returned the meal I barely ate and they took it off our bill so I ate some of my husbands meal. The waitress told me that the fry cook was now fired which made me feel bad. I called the owner this morning and found out that was not the case. She offered me a gift card but never took my information. I'm not one to complain but this struck a nerve. Undercooked seafood is not funny. The place looks great but the service and food is terrible.

I have not eaten there. If I go to the Island I tend to eat at the Dry Dock. Mostly because I know most of the people there.

It's not the cheapest place around and on a Friday Or Saturday evening try not to get there real close to 7. That is when the bulk of the people seem to show and the kitchen gets right busy about then so wait times tend to go up a bit.

It's a real small place. Only ten tables so service is great because they keep more than adequate staff on hand to wait on those ten tables.

A reservation is usually recommended but the food is excellent and the place is generally nice and quiet.

Caution

I love the Dry Dock.

Nicer in better weather when the deck is open. But at this time of year the good thing about it is that it is hardly ever crowded.

Another thing I like about it is that the menu generally changes from one day to the next. Whatever is in season and fresh is what is on the menu for that day. Next day it may very well be a totally different menu. It's all good though. Sometime I just text the cook on my way up and tell him "fix me something I am on my way". I don't care what it is cause everything is usually to my liking.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nicer in better weather when the deck is open. But at this time of year the good thing about it is that it is hardly ever crowded.

Another thing I like about it is that the menu generally changes from one day to the next. Whatever is in season and fresh is what is on the menu for that day. Next day it may very well be a totally different menu. It's all good though. Sometime I just text the cook on my way up and tell him "fix me something I am on my way". I don't care what it is cause everything is usually to my liking.

Yup. I have been dining there for 20+ years. I don't get there often, but I do enjoy it every time I do go. My husband and I used to go there for special occasion dinners. Last visit was last June for a dinner date. He was impressed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

#firstworldproblems

Caution

Yup. I have been dining there for 20+ years. I don't get there often, but I do enjoy it every time I do go. My husband and I used to go there for special occasion dinners. Last visit was last June for a dinner date. He was impressed.

They could probably keep a packed house if they dropped their prices but on the other hand I really don't think they are really after a packed house. The place is a bit small compared to most places around here. And I think because of that they are able to provide exceptional service and food. I think if they were to drop prices and keep people moving in and out the door the quality and service would suffer. I like it just the way it is.

Caution

When mAlice had her bday dinner there the only ones at the table who didn't complain about their meal was me and Jetmonkey. Everyone else had something tragically wrong.

I have only been going there for about two years or so. I have not been let down thus far but I am sure at some point something will go askew. Nobody is perfect.

I may have it kind of good because the Chef knows if he gives me something I don't like I will march back into the kitchen and stick it under his nose and yell "WTF is this?" :killingme

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When mAlice had her bday dinner there the only ones at the table who didn't complain about their meal was me and Jetmonkey. Everyone else had something tragically wrong.

Well, consider most of her dining experiences. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They could probably keep a packed house if they dropped their prices but on the other hand I really don't think they are really after a packed house. The place is a bit small compared to most places around here. And I think because of that they are able to provide exceptional service and food. I think if they were to drop prices and keep people moving in and out the door the quality and service would suffer. I like it just the way it is.

They used to be in the building next door before opening this location.

Caution

I went over there once to check a boat out. I had stopped by Jerry's subs and got a sub and fries but had forgot to grab any Ketchup. So after I checked the boat out I went over to the DD figuring I would sit up at the bar and eat. It was closed so I went up in the Employee entrance and went into the Kitchen where the cook was prepping food. I said "Hey, where are the Ketchup Packs?" He yells at me and says "This is NOT THAT KINDA PLACE!!!". :killingme

Caution

OMG next you're going to tell me they don't have Budweiser on tap!!! Now I know how Holocaust victims must have felt!

:jameo:

:lol:

Ummm No they don't. :( They took bud light off the tap about 3 weeks ago. I asked why and they said the only peeps that ever bought it was the staff. :whistle:

Right now they only have Fat Tire, Stella Artois and some kinda Irish Ale. Stedwicks or something like that.

Next time I catch up with George Guy I will let him know and I bet you he will make a trip over there and straighten out this horrible dilemma. :killingme