I'm am truly the lucky one here

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I'm so blessed that Petey chose me to be his furever home. I wish I could care for all the homeless kitties. With Petey it makes 5! He and Rudy are the most loveable and affection cats I have ever had.

No animal should go without love, that's all they want to do.

So people please spay and neutered your animals it's also good for their health if you don't plan to breed them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 272

RPMDAD

Damn, aj you are breaking my heart. My sister passed away unexpectedly several years ago, and my wife and i took in her cat. A Scottish Fold named Petey, his nickname after living here for a while was Sir Petersworth. He acclimated well here and became my best friend, followed me everywhere and would sleep on my laptop keyboard while i was at work. Sadly he passed away at a way to young age from kidney cancer. Congrats to you and your Petey. May you and him have many years of happiness together along with Rudy and your other furbabies. Wish we were in a position to bring more into our house, current count is 4 dogs, and 1 cat. Good on you for helping out the homeless kitties, he looks very happy at his furever home.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I might take Petey to PPP

Our store kitty, Shy-anne, gets her whiskers in a wad when other felines come into the store....she'll get over it, though!

Let me know when you are going to bring him in- I'd love to meet him and give him lots of kisses! (look forward to meeting you as well :buddies:)

Roman

Our store kitty, Shy-anne, gets her whiskers in a wad when other felines come into the store....she'll get over it, though!

Let me know when you are going to bring him in- I'd love to meet him and give him lots of kisses! (look forward to meeting you as well :buddies:)

"Whiskers in a wad"! Too funny...:killingme

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

Sometime this week. I'm at my wits end with flea shampoo I don't know what to use. And I have be using front line on him but it doesn't do any good it seems

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sometime this week. I'm at my wits end with flea shampoo I don't know what to use. And I have be using front line on him but it doesn't do any good it seems

Is he your only pet?
You don't want to use a spot on treatment two or three days before or after bathing.
Sometimes, a cheap flea comb and a bowl filled with dawn dish soap works better than the chemicals. You just have to do it several times a day.
Make sure to wash all bedding in hot water.

havingfun

My rescue kitty is allergic to flea meds. I purchased Vet's Best Flea and Tick spray at Petco. I give my kitty a bath in Dawn once a week and then spray her every other day. It seems to work:) Hope it helps.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I had that problem recently with Frontline on 2 of my resident kitties. I ended up taking ICit's advice and bought some Advantage to use.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I'm gonna try the dawn dish soap again. Man friend gets in the tub with them and I soap them up. I get their body good but I guess their face not so much. What would you guys recommend for like the couches and stuff? He bought some cheap spray by hartz I sprayed it on a flea and it didn't even harm it

havingfun

I'm gonna try the dawn dish soap again. Man friend gets in the tub with them and I soap them up. I get their body good but I guess their face not so much. What would you guys recommend for like the couches and stuff? He bought some cheap spray by hartz I sprayed it on a flea and it didn't even harm it

The Best Vets Flea and Tick spray works on furniture as well. I have to swear by it now. The week before Thanksgiving, I got very busy with shopping and cooking and wasn't a diligent with keeping the kitty sprayed. Two days before guests were coming, I could see fleas jumping on me and my sister. Got very serious and sprayed the furniture eveyday and the cat. Within two days, nothing.

One tip for getting the face washed with the Dawn is to use a toothbrush. Put some sudsy water on the brush and stroke it through the cheek/whisker areas and the forehead.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I bathed both my kitties over the summer, applied spot treatment, washed the bedding, vacuumed and sprayed the floors and furniture. It only worked for a little while but the fleas keep coming back which is odd since they're indoor kitties. Damn bugs ignore the other humans in our house but they LOVE me :( Only one kitty is still with us and Ima have to go get him dipped because I refuse to go through the ordeal of bathing him again. He's normally gentle as a lamb but strong as an ox when submerged in water! I may have to try this spray. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I bathed both my kitties over the summer, applied spot treatment, washed the bedding, vacuumed and sprayed the floors and furniture. It only worked for a little while but the fleas keep coming back which is odd since they're indoor kitties. Damn bugs ignore the other humans in our house but they LOVE me :( Only one kitty is still with us and Ima have to go get him dipped because I refuse to go through the ordeal of bathing him again. He's normally gentle as a lamb but strong as an ox when submerged in water! I may have to try this spray. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

The fleas lay eggs - that's why they seem to come back. You need to keep spraying every so many days (check flea egg cycle) to kill the newly hatched ones for a while.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I really hate to be writing this right now...... But this morning Petey got hit by a car and died. I'm so upset right now. He ran out of the house this morning and I couldn't catch him. I'm so sorry Petey. I'm gonna miss him cuddling with me at night.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I really hate to be writing this right now...... But this morning Petey got hit by a car and died. I'm so upset right now. He ran out of the house this morning and I couldn't catch him. I'm so sorry Petey. I'm gonna miss him cuddling with me at night.

omg I'm so sorry. :huggy: