Need A Deck Builder In Calvert?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
One of my coworkers just had a deck built , he was very pleased with the work and he lives in Lusby, I will ask him tomorrow who did the work and post here tomorrow ...?

Sramctrtldov

I don't know if he's still around, but, Avalon Builders built mine, and, I have been very happy.

I'm looking for a general handyman (minor shingles, window frames, deck sealing)....anyone got ideas for that?

Gallntfox

I live in Calvert and am currently having a deck built by Probuilt Decks out of College Park. They started on Sunday and will be done tommorrow. Their foreman, Sid, is wonderful to work with...he will do whatever you ask. I know quite a bit about building and bid out the job to 5 different companies since I had designed the deck myself and they beat any other company by over $1200. They are meticulous with their work. A crew of four had my 340sf deck all but finished in 2- 12 hr days. Everything is top notch construction and they use the finest materials...a neighbor actually manages the lumber yard from which they purchase their wood. I would use them again in a heartbeat..if you are interested you are more than welcome to come take a look at my newly constructed pride and joy....I am in the Northern end of the county.

W

wmsaunders

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback and welcome any more suggestions. If you have contact names and numbers to include in posts I'd be greatful.

W

wmsaunders

Originally posted by Gallntfox
if you are interested you are more than welcome to come take a look at my newly constructed pride and joy....I am in the Northern end of the county.

I may take you up on that because I have no idea what I want.

A guy I used to work with (he retired from the govt. in December and joined his friend's business) lives in Lusby and does decks and that type of stuff now. He does very good work. I will get his contact info tomorrow and post it for you.

Gallntfox

Probuilt Decks

301 474 3550 is the # for Probuilt Decks....

Duke is the one to talk to there....he can tell you about the company and their construction standards but will probably send out his salesperson Joe to draw up a design and work up an estimate. Joe's cell # is 240 882 8076.

Like I said..my deck was 340sf...13' off the ground and had many angles so it wasn't an easy deck but they did an awesome job. My next door neighbors deck was built by a local Calvert builder and you should see the difference. They had 6X6 posts that weren't long enough so they nailed one on top of the other underground...they used 2X4 for the handrail posts and didn't bolt them in...just nailed them about 10 times. Not too safe and this was a very big Calvert builder...you really have to be careful...there are a lot of deck builders that just slap them up without paying attention to safety and/or details.

W

wmsaunders

Thanks to all of you. I checked out the ProBuilt website and liked what I saw. But of course I will get several estimates so many of the referred builders will get a fair shot at the business.

Gallntfox

Hey..something I forgot to tell you...since you saw the Probuilt website they talk about C-select lumber as being the finest. That is what I used on my deck and trust me....it is the way to go. A thicker, cleaner board that really makes your deck look awesome as opposed to #1 PT lumber which has a lot more knots which is what most others use. Most companies only quoted a couple of hundred dollars more for the C-select on the floors and top rails. It also has two grooves channeled under it so it can only be installed one way....no need to worry about the builder slapping it on against the crown to get a better looking side only to have it warp and pull up..collect water etc... Good luck to you whomever you choose but I would insist on the C-select boards.