Best Place for a Crab Feast?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
So I've got some buddies coming down from up North to visit this weekend, and I want to introduce them to the wonderful world of Southern Maryland seafood....

I usually just buy fresh crabs and steam them myself, but I don't want to clean up the mess created by two virgin-crab pickers at my home....so here's my question:

Where is the best place to go OUT and eat crabs? I'd prefer to stay in St. Mary's or lower Calvert...and a nice location is a plus, too.

Suggestions?

:bubble:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sandgates or Seabreeze (they're next to each other) in St. Mary's are nice for eating crabs.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Evan's used to be a good place to go. I haven't been there in years so I don't know what it's like now...anyone?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Evan's used to be a good place to go. I haven't been there in years so I don't know what it's like now...anyone?

We took my mother there for Mother's Day for their buffet. It was so-so. :ohwell:

I don't know about the crab feasts. The ones they used to have were the bomb. :yum:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Sandgates if you want to pick crabs, but NOT if you want a crab cake.

Clarkes Landing if you want an awesome crab cake or a gourmet style meal, but they don't serve steamed crabs.

Evans if you want seafood in general, but I haven't been there since they reopened under new management after Isabel.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by jazz lady
Sandgates or Seabreeze (they're next to each other) in St. Mary's are nice for eating crabs.
Ewwww! I've eaten at both places, and prefer not to go back. :ohwell:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by CMC122
I've never heard anything good about that place but it always seems packed:confused:

Great crabs, but it's along side the road and I prefer to be sitting on the water or in my backyard when picking crabs. :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
Great crabs, but it's along side the road and I prefer to be sitting on the water or in my backyard when picking crabs. :shrug:
:yeahthat: I used to enjoy both Capt. Billy's and Robertson's up on Popes Creek, but haven't been in quite a while. I usually get a bushell and have them in the backyard.

Get one of those plastic folding tables from BJ's and a bushel of crabs and do them yourself. Cleanup is just brush the shells into a trashbag and then a hose down with the garden hose.