Urgent ** Dogs seized

Caution

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living

Bay_Kat

Tropical
now that has got to make one heck of an interesting looking dog!

Not only that, I just have to wonder, how the heck did they do that? I've had a few Shepherds and know people that have Chihuahuas and I just can't picture it and really don't want to try.

sm8

now that has got to make one heck of an interesting looking dog!

Lol I would bet most were just one breed or the other but I would bet at least a few are mixed. You just don't get that many dogs being responsible owners.

frequentflier

happy to be living
As per Linda Kelley, ex county commissioner and animal lover in Calvert County:

"As a result of the recent seizure of by Calvert Animal Control, over 50 dogs were transported to the Tri-County Animal Shelter. They were signed over by the owner, which makes them immediately available for adoption after evaluation. To date, over 30 of these animals have gone to various rescue organizations, with more rescues scheduled to come in tomorrow. Most of these dogs were Beagles or Hounds or some mix of the two.

There is misinformation circulating that all the dogs will be euthanized. This is incorrect. Even before these dogs got to Tri-County, the staff was on the phone to their approved rescue organizations asking for their help because they believe these dogs deserved to find their forever homes. The rescues were there, not only taking some of these dogs but also taking some that were already at the shelter. Thank you for that!

Tri-County does NOT think of euthanasia as the first option but instead they evaluate every animal when it comes into the shelter and make every attempt to place the animal for adoption or contacting rescue organizations to foster until an adoptive home is found. Euthanasia is considered only as a last option.

But it is not over yet. The shelter will continue to make calls and strive to get as many of the dogs into rescue or adopted.

There are still animals to be placed, so if you can consider rescue, and giving an animal the gift of a forever home during this Christmas season, please contact the Tri-County Animal Shelter at 1-800-903-1992."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When I was a kid, the MSPCA hospital in Springfield, MA reported a Saint Bernard - Corgi litter, Corgi was the daddy dog.

Hoover

None of them are German Sheps. or Chihuahuas - they are beagle mix and have been placed in foster homes as of today 12/21/2013. I went to Tri-County Animal Shelter today to look at a cat and there were a ton of people in there about the rescues.

sm8

None of them are German Sheps. or Chihuahuas - they are beagle mix and have been placed in foster homes as of today 12/21/2013. I went to Tri-County Animal Shelter today to look at a cat and there were a ton of people in there about the rescues.

I love beagles :) German shepherds and Chihuahuas are the only two breeds I am not fond of (extremely dislike almost to the point of hate and not really sure why) so I was probably told that so I would not want one now that I think about it.