Does St. Mary's have an ASPCA?

alex

I have a neighbor who's nursing dog is always gettingout. Last week I watched while she almost got hit by a car in the street. I caught her and kept knocking on their door to no avail. When I tried to take her home my other dogs were all over her and scared her silly. Finally took some rope and tied her to their front door so she wouldn't get hurt.

Then on my way back from lunch I see 4 puppies running around the house. There is no fence, no cars=no one home and I don't know what to do. I know I can call the animal warden but then they wind up on doggie death row. I can't take them as hubby will kill me.

Does St. Mary's have the equivlant of the ASPCA? If not, any suggestions?

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Contact St.Marys Animal Control Division
At 301-475-8018

That is all St.marys has,And NO it does not mean they will put the dog down.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Originally posted by James White
Contact St.Marys Animal Control Division
At 301-475-8018

That is all St.marys has,And NO it does not mean they will put the dog down.

Correction...there are other alternatives in St. Mary's:

SMAWL

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
There's an SPCA chapter called The Lucky Ones. They used to have a spay-neuter clinic near the Farmers' Market in Charlotte Hall, but I don't know if it's still there.

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
The "ONLY" legal domesticated animal law enforcement agency in St.Marys is the Animal Control Department.

Like Appy said many are recuse groups,and SPCA ,has no legal jurisdiction in St.Marys on eforcement of animal laws.

S

starr

Lucky Ones has moved. It is now over there by True Value. It is right by my storage unit and the end of the road.

Personally I would just take the dogs to a rescue, they will be better off. Technically I would consider then to be strey. If you aren't comfortable with that then I would go talk to the people and see what is going on.

angeleis77

Lost puppy

Mr White,

Do you work in the animal control department. I tried calling thier after hours. I have lost my golden retriever puppy near Wicomico Shores Golf course. No answers when i call to see if he has been picked up. he is 13 w3eeks old and slipped off his collar. 301-884-2664.