butchers/meat markets?

NurseSherri

I was wondering if there were any good butchers or meat markets that you all would recommend? I heard about Nick's of Calvert. Any thoughts? I was looking for a bundle purchase to stock my freezer. Not huge though...

thanks!

Midnightrider

I was wondering if there were any good butchers or meat markets that you all would recommend? I heard about Nick's of Calvert. Any thoughts? I was looking for a bundle purchase to stock my freezer. Not huge though...
thanks!

There is also nicks of Clinton in Waldorf. Same outfit just a different location. I can't think of any other butcher shops in SOMD

Caution

I was wondering if there were any good butchers or meat markets that you all would recommend? I heard about Nick's of Calvert. Any thoughts? I was looking for a bundle purchase to stock my freezer. Not huge though... thanks!

Used to be a good place in Calvert off Mt. Harmony RD. Heard they started doing wholesale some time back but might be worth a call.

Calvert Meats was the name

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Bowen's in Huntingtown.

Since you're in St. Mary's you might want to ask around, it's retained more rural things than has Calvert or Charles. The Amish may be able to accommodate you.

My daughter swears by Stauffer's.

abcxyz

Welcome to Zekiah Farms

It's not store bought so don't expect store bought prices. Prices are on their website but remember these are dry aged meats vs wet aged (some thing like 1/2 of the weight you pay for in the grocery store is "wet weight", not "meat").

RPMDAD

Used to be a good place in Calvert off Mt. Harmony RD. Heard they started doing wholesale some time back but might be worth a call.

Calvert Meats was the name

Caution, pretty sure it is no longer there, i think it is a car repair shop now. Used to go to it when it was Calvert Meats.

Awwww... this thread makes me think of one of my favorite songs from the 80s... The Butcher Song!

Every time you go away... you take a piece of meat with you.... :getdown:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Caution, pretty sure it is no longer there, i think it is a car repair shop now. Used to go to it when it was Calvert Meats.
You are correct. I used to live next door to it on the farm side. It was an awesome butcher shop. But Ma and Pa shops can't hang much anymore.