Truth or Lie?

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
From John Kerry's campaign website:

"The Bush Administration chronically under-funds VA health care."

Truth or lies???

LIE!

Excerpt from the Secretary of Veteran Affairs comments:

"President Bush will ask Congress to provide my department, the VA, with $67.7 billion in budget authority for fiscal year 2005, an increase in budget authority of $5.6 billion over the current fiscal year, 2004. This budget will build on and solidify the dramatic increase in access to health care veterans have enjoyed over the past three years, as well as allow us to continue improving benefits delivery. The president asked for $32.1 billion in VA discretionary funding, mostly for VA health care. Our health care resources would increase 4.1 percent over this year and build on three years of unprecedented growth totaling more than 40 percent for health care alone. As a result, today we provide quality medical care to a million more veterans than we did in 2001. I thank the president and members of Congress for making it possible for VA's health care providers to achieve this remarkable expansion in service, and I certainly thank VA health care professionals for their very hard work. "

More to come.......

Spoiled

Im not saying kerry is gods gift to earth but ill say i think he will do a damn better job that bush... if you wish to talk of lies then here are some for you:

In chicago Bush promised not to touch the 2.5trillion dollars Clinton set asside for social security, within the first year the promise was broken.
Iraq has WMDs
Iraq had known links to terrorism (more specificaly 9-11)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Spoiled
In chicago Bush promised not to touch the 2.5trillion dollars Clinton set asside for social security, within the first year the promise was broken.
Iraq has WMDs
Iraq had known links to terrorism (more specificaly 9-11)
Okay, I was going to respond to some of your other posts but now I see you're an ignorant ABB nutball, so I won't waste my time.

Apparently you haven't seen the news reports where they've actually found WMD in Iraq.

Apparently you haven't read the news reports of Al Qaeda training camps in Iraq. Apparently you didn't see anything about the Madrid train station bombing.

Which makes us even because I never heard of some 2.5 trillion that Clinton set aside for ANYTHING, unless it was for hookers.

Go back to the DU. They'll encourage your fantasy life over there. :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I don't believe either side when it comes to claims of "fully funding" or "underfunding." All politicians and bureaucrats play tricks with numbers to make themselves look better. None of them can be trusted to do right by the people on the front lines (in this case, the VA doctors and nurses) or the veterans who need the care.

SamSpade

Originally posted by Tonio
I don't believe either side when it comes to claims of "fully funding" or "underfunding." All politicians and bureaucrats play tricks with numbers to make themselves look better. None of them can be trusted to do right by the people on the front lines (in this case, the VA doctors and nurses) or the veterans who need the care.

Exactly. If my agency wants 70 million, got 55 million last year and gets 65 million - *SOME* Democrat will say it got "CUT" 5 million, even though it obviously gained 10 million. I remember years ago, the Dems wanted to increase Medicare premiums by 7 bucks, and the Republicans wanted to raise it 11 bucks. But the only word you got was that the Republicans wanted to RAISE it, ignoring that they BOTH did, just different amounts.

When it comes to money, as a general rule I don't believe anything they say.

I suspect this is the case with Kerry - he believes it should GET more money, and so therefore it is underfunded.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And another thing...

"The government funds.."

"The GOVERNMENT funds..."

The "government" doesn't fund anything. WE, the human beings who work for wages and pay taxes in this country, fund things, not the government.

I'm all for vets getting completely and totally free health care - it's the least we can do to repay them for their service. In Christyvrainia, we're going to spend our money on the people who have actually made a contribution to the country, not welfare for some teenage crack whore. I could fund VA benefits in about two seconds - cut off the parasites and let them die out so that we can do right by the REAL citizens of this country.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Okay, I was going to respond to some of your other posts but now I see you're an ignorant ABB nutball, so I won't waste my time.
QUOTE]

Whats an ABB nutball :confused:

Vince

Apparently you haven't seen the news reports where they've actually found WMD in Iraq.

Apparently you haven't read the news reports of Al Qaeda training camps in Iraq. Apparently you didn't see anything about the Madrid train station bombing.

Which makes us even because I never heard of some 2.5 trillion that Clinton set aside for ANYTHING, unless it was for hookers.

Thank :yeahthat: Thank you Vrai. Someone with some intelligence at last.

Spoiled

I have no idea what an ABB nutball is so what ever...

The WMD (single) they found was a shell with serin in it, which was about 10 years old...

Yes, there are now terrorist training camps in iraq but they arent iraqi, they are imported from other nations (saudi arabia, iran, etc...) they where not there before because saddam didnt want anyone threatening his power... They came once we where there, so yes there are terrorist camps now... Where there camps there before? Not like you would think of, unless if you consider saddams militia a terrorist group.

And in addition to the 2.5 trillion Clinton set aside there was a 'lockbox' on social security which bush tapped as well... Then again I don’t have to worry about that now, I have time before I retire, you should worrying though :)

Otter

Nothing to see here
I have no idea what an ABB nutball is so what ever...

The WMD (single) they found was a shell with serin in it, which was about 10 years old...
)

:durhard:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
And in addition to the 2.5 trillion Clinton set aside there was a 'lockbox' on social security which bush tapped as well... Then again I don’t have to worry about that now, I have time before I retire, you should worrying though :)

That was Gore's idea. Bush never said he believed in that. If I remember right, it was Bush's idea that American's should be able to invest their own money and manage their own retirement, rather than letting the gubment do it for them.

brinanemsmama

Where are you getting your information from? I would seriously like to know.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
The VA never promised vets free healthcare for life, that was the work of some recruiters who needed to meet quotas. I have no problem with somebody really injured on duty getting benefits, but when you see drunk driving accidents, or suicides, or high blood pressure classified as "line of duty" or females getting $500 a month for life for having a hysterectomy, or websites that explain how to get PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) benefits, or umteen other "disabilities" being claimed you start to wonder. Sometimes it is just like welfare case work.

I've seen it all, since I work for the VA, believe me there is more fraud than justifiable claims that come through the system.

That brings up the concurrent receipt of retirement and disability benefits, a whole 'nother kettle of fish and budget buster. By definition if you are disabled you can't work at your job. You should have the option of getting disability or retirement, not both. How can you be disabled and still work long enough to retire? Doesn't happen in private industry and shouldn't happen in the military.

Bush underfunded the VA, meaning he didn't increase the budget as much as VA asked for or congress recommended and he promised to veto the concurrent recript issue. That is the smidgen of "truth" in Kerry's claim. About as much of a smidgen of truth as the Bush claims of Kerry's waffling on voting records.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jlabsher
Bush underfunded the VA, meaning he didn't increase the budget as much as VA asked for or congress recommended and he promised to veto the concurrent recript issue. That is the smidgen of "truth" in Kerry's claim. About as much of a smidgen of truth as the Bush claims of Kerry's waffling on voting records.
How do you figure that Bush underfunded the VA? As the funding for that department was included in the Consolidated Appropriations Bill that Congress crafted and approved and was then presented to the President for signiture or veto. I think it would be more correct to state that Congress underfunded the VA. After all that is one of the jobs of Congress, isn't it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
After all that is one of the jobs of Congress, isn't it?
When are you going to quit giving away free civics lessons? These folks should have learned this stuff in high school.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
When are you going to quit giving away free civics lessons? These folks should have learned this stuff in high school.
Just trying to help the functionally ignorant. :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ken King
How do you figure that Bush underfunded the VA? As the funding for that department was included in the Consolidated Appropriations Bill that Congress crafted and approved and was then presented to the President for signiture or veto. I think it would be more correct to state that Congress underfunded the VA. After all that is one of the jobs of Congress, isn't it?

sort of...

"Another distinctive feature of the budget process is that the President's role is more formalized and, therefore, significant. The Congress, by statute, has required the President to submit a budget to the Congress each year. By doing so, the President establishes the starting point and the framework of the annual budget debate."

which is kind of funny how Bush is now touting the success in afghanistan, when a couple of years ago he somehow "forgot" to add in funding for that country, which congress realized and added in.
Sometimes, things fall through the cracks.