crappy websites

unixpirate

Pitty Party
How come somd.com don't cover local softball? :shrug:

There is one site www.countyball.com hosted by www.aimg1.com that is SO out of date and you can't even email the webmaster to ask questions. :confused:

Anyone familiar with the website, or even interested in this issue?

K

Kain99

Very possibly not the designers fault. Sometimes the client simply quits sending up dates. :shrug:

nomoney

I'd like to know if there is a current site so I could keep up to date with the standings.......Not only for the mens leagues but for the womens as well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Kain99
Sometimes the client simply quits sending up dates.
That's exactly what happens. We used to do the softball scores and standings but getting the information was like pulling teeth.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
getting the information was like pulling teeth.

That's not the first time I've heard that.

If everyone could play nice and get the info, as they do to the league, then it would work.

After playing in St. Mary's for so long and now in Montgomery County and Greenbelt, I still like to keep up and see how the old and new teams are doing.

Oh well just bored here at work and thought I would inquire.

W

wmsaunders

A good friend of mine runs a website dedicated to softball on the local and national scale. Check out www.softballplanet.com - I think you'll find it informative and entertaining. You can contact him to share information with your teams and leagues.

nomoney

Originally posted by wmsaunders
A good friend of mine runs a website dedicated to softball on the local and national scale. Check out www.softballplanet.com - I think you'll find it informative and entertaining. You can contact him to share information with your teams and leagues.

thank ya!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
You can contact him to share information with your teams and leagues.

Yes thank you.. I see Penny's is in there with there pic.
Need some more participation:cheers:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Can't read the paper?

What paper carries softball stats for St. Mary's or any other county leagues?
If your talking about the EmptyPrise, they don't anymore.
Plus I'm in Silver Spring as I said at the start of this thread, so I was looking online.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
how does one go about joining a league/team in st. mary's?

I know St. Mary's is still in the first half of the season. You can't join till the 2nd half (around the middle of June I think) or wait till next year.

I believe the new league Pres is Steve Ramey. 301-769-2060. Let him know your interested in playing and he will give you the teams managers names and numbers for you to contact.

I'd played in the county for 20 yrs before moving to Montgomery County.

There are a few different leagues. Young mens, slow pitch and over 40. Different rules apply for each league.

Are you military? There is a team on base called Pax Bombers that plays in the County League.

Good Luck
:cheers:

C

cmdrfunk

Re: how does one go about joining a league/team in st. mary's?

Originally posted by unixpirate
I know St. Mary's is still in the first half of the season. You can't join till the 2nd half (around the middle of June I think) or wait till next year.

I believe the new league Pres is Steve Ramey. 301-769-2060. Let him know your interested in playing and he will give you the teams managers names and numbers for you to contact.

I'd played in the county for 20 yrs before moving to Montgomery County.

There are a few different leagues. Young mens, slow pitch and over 40. Different rules apply for each league.

Are you military? There is a team on base called Pax Bombers that plays in the County League.

Good Luck
:cheers:

Nah, i'm not military.... just moved here and got a govt job down at webster field and need to start to get into some activities. I played deck hockey back home.

I've played softball probably twice in my life but i played baseball all through elementary and middle school :) I used to play a lot in the backyard too, breaking windows and denting the siding of the house.

Do late nights on the football field playing wiffleball on turf count?

Turf burn *shudder*