Red Oak Bistro

havingfun

New restaurant in La Plata called Red Oak Bistro. Very good food. The Cubano Sandwich is AWESOME! Has Happy Hour every day starting at 11am.

Located on Rt. 301 behind Colonial Liquors.

IMNEMT-B

I met the owner's mother over the weekend at another event. Very funny lady. I have heard from a few others that have gone, they serve some mean martini's. One in particular is a pineapple jalapeno martini. :buddies:

abcxyz

Bartender Joe left Casey Jones and is the GM.

Happy Hour all day if it even rains just 1 drop that day.

Cozy place, not a huge menu but what I've had so far is good.

I can see a lot of fender benders there, tight parking lot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From their cocktail menu:

The Startled Pig
Bulleit rye, bacon, macerated orange, spicy bitters, agave yes, he’s quite shaken, but that’s what makes him delicious! Our bartenders are going to load bacon, half an orange, spicy bitters, and bulleit rye into their mixing tins and shake out a smoky, spicy brunchtini garnished with a strip of maple-dipped bacon.

Get the hell out of here! I want that! And I want this:

Truffle Asiago Fries

Crispy, seasoned shoestring fries / white true oil / asiago cheese / chipotle ranch / Italian parsley

And this:

The Chopped Cobb
Mixed greens / roasted sweet corn / avocado / tomatoes / chopped egg / cucumbers / gorgonzola / crispy bacon / red peppers / chipotle ranch

And I want Skillet Girl to get this so I can have a bite:

Chocolate Waffle

Ice cream sandwich ice cream / flourless chocolate waes / salted caramel

kelb

art imitating life
I work in the area. I keep wanting to try that place. Have heard really good things about it

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Kah reposado tequila, fresh cucumber and basil, agave, lime and lemon juices, pasteurized egg white taken straight from the kah repertoire. We'd love to mess with it. . But why instead, our bartenders will demonstrate their skill by preparing and executing a perfect margarita. Why mess with perfection.

:getdown:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Got by to try this place this afternoon. We weren't overly hungry, so we just got the Cubano sandwich and an order of the Asiago fries to share. The sandwich was yummy and the fries were really good. I got the jalapeno pineapple martini and it was SPICY! I'll have to go back when I'm a little hungrier. The chopped cob salad looked yummy and they have lots of beers to choose from.

Attachments

• pineapple jalapeno.jpg
    pineapple jalapeno.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 233

Hank

my war
Got by to try this place this afternoon. We weren't overly hungry, so we just got the Cubano sandwich and an order of the Asiago fries to share. The sandwich was yummy and the fries were really good. I got the jalapeno pineapple martini and it was SPICY! I'll have to go back when I'm a little hungrier. The chopped cob salad looked yummy and they have lots of beers to choose from.

Was your drink worth $11?

luvmygdaughters

Oh good, I work in La Plata and am tired of getting the same old, same old. Is it in the same spot as the Town Mouse Deli used to be?