BIG black neutered male adult kitty ONYX

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Onyx was found by a concerned person and he appeared to be starving & wandering the streets in downtown Waldorf. Onyx is a big boy and has gorgeous deep black fur. Sweet as can be. Was thin when he arrived, but he has gained weight and looks a lot better now.

Onyx let out a small hiss toward my dog, but he didn't seem concerned when my dog sniffed him. We have not tried him with other cats yet. Adoption fee is $70 to cover his vet bill. He is neutered, had Rabies & Distemper Vaccinations, has been de-wormed, is Neg. for fiv/felv, and is micro-chipped. Vet said he is a young adult. This boy has some of the softest fur! Onyx weighs approx. 12-15 pounds and could end up close to 18 pounds once he regains all his weight.

ForumRunner_20140204_205202.jpg

ForumRunner_20140204_205252.jpg

ForumRunner_20140204_205335.png

sm8

I would love to have him but my children have developed allergies to cats. He looks just like one of the best cats I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a home with. Leroy's previous owners were moving out of the house next door the same weekend we were moving into our house. A while later I noticed him hiding around the now empty house looking rather thin. It took quite a while of enticing him with food for him to tolerate us even being near him while he ate. It was almost instant though when he finally allowed us to touch him that he turned into the best cat ever. I had ran into the previous owner at the grocery store and asked why she left him. She said he was very old 11 years and she knew he would not live thru the move. What in the world would make someone think like that? He lived for another 8 years before he had to be put down.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I would love to have him but my children have developed allergies to cats. He looks just like one of the best cats I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a home with. Leroy's previous owners were moving out of the house next door the same weekend we were moving into our house. A while later I noticed him hiding around the now empty house looking rather thin. It took quite a while of enticing him with food for him to tolerate us even being near him while he ate. It was almost instant though when he finally allowed us to touch him that he turned into the best cat ever. I had ran into the previous owner at the grocery store and asked why she left him. She said he was very old 11 years and she knew he would not live thru the move. What in the world would make someone think like that? He lived for another 8 years before he had to be put down.

I would have throat punched that beyotch... :coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
young adult....

i would think 3-5 yrs old

yup - vet said young adult and I kinda get a vibe by his behavior that he's not a 1 year old you know? He is about as laid back as I've seen in a cat. Nothing seems to phase him.

clockaleanie

She said he was very old 11 years and she knew he would not live thru the move. What in the world would make someone think like that? He lived for another 8 years before he had to be put down.

I moved my two cats from the UK to here when they were 11, 10 years ago. I lost one last year at almost 20, and still have the other one!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I moved my two cats from the UK to here when they were 11, 10 years ago. I lost one last year at almost 20, and still have the other one!

Don't forget the new one Toby. In the stern words of your husband " No, we are not getting another cat" Until the day you bring it home and work the magic like you did with Toby?

BTW. Give me a call if you get a chance , we need to catch up and Katie would love to tag along one day if you wouldn't mind to see the horses. She has ridden before.:love:

RPMDAD

Onyx, is beautiful, reminds me a lot of our boy Zero, who sadly passed away to young.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Onyx, is beautiful, reminds me a lot of our boy Zero, who sadly passed away to young.

He is a very calm kitty. I think he'd do well in just about any household. There are people who tend to pick the extra large kitties. This boy hasn't even regained all his weight yet either, so he's gonna be even bigger when he finishes filling out.

People think cats can survive easily outdoors, but this boy is an example of one that probably wouldn't have made it through the Winter had the concerned person not scooped him up and delivered him to our door that day a couple months ago. He was very thin.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
bump - this boy is a love machine - he is playful and just the sweetest! I REALLY wish I could keep him, he is just that special and sweet. Onyx was found wandering near the motel in Waldorf on rt 301. He was very thin and sad looking when he was turned over to us by the lady who brought him to us (she didn't want him to end up at the shelter).

I have a soft spot for black cats and dogs since they are typically the least adopted (meaning the most likely to be put down at the shelter) and I already have 1 black kitty and 1 black dog already. Please pass the word around about Onyx. He would be a great cat to have around the house for just about anyone.last time I checked he weighed in at 14 lbs and he's not fat at all, he's just a BIG BOY!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I took Tex to the vet to be sure all his ear mites were gone (local stray).

So I decided to take Onyx also to get him checked over since I am hoping he will be adopted soon. Anyway, the vet said you can STOP feeding Onyx now - he's 15 pounds LOL !!!!!! I said yeah he's gotten too used to the all-you-can-eat-buffet huh?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I took Tex to the vet to be sure all his ear mites were gone (local stray).

So I decided to take Onyx also to get him checked over since I am hoping he will be adopted soon. Anyway, the vet said you can STOP feeding Onyx now - he's 15 pounds LOL !!!!!! I said yeah he's gotten too used to the all-you-can-eat-buffet huh?

Only 15 lbs? Last time my boy was weighed, he was 17 lbs. That was two years ago. He is just plain BIG! :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Only 15 lbs? Last time my boy was weighed, he was 17 lbs. That was two years ago. He is just plain BIG! :lol:

Once he has his own home, his weight will probably level off because he likes to play. A gal that works at a local bakery wants to adopt a kitty but her hubby has been holding back (they only have a dog now). So I called her yesterday and said I can bring Onyx by if your hubby is willing to meet him. I said you can try him out and see how it goes, you're not stuck with him if it doesn't work out for your hubby. She really wants a kitty, and I think Onyx would be perfect with her kids. Onyx is just so laid back and nothing seems to bother him. I have pulled his tail and poked him in the ear, etc. and he's non-reactive. I see him being the perfect kitty to have around children.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
PS there was talk about his age earlier in this thread - I believe his paperwork from Humane Society says 2 years old.

mamatutu

mama to two
Once he has his own home, his weight will probably level off because he likes to play. A gal that works at a local bakery wants to adopt a kitty but her hubby has been holding back (they only have a dog now). So I called her yesterday and said I can bring Onyx by if your hubby is willing to meet him. I said you can try him out and see how it goes, you're not stuck with him if it doesn't work out for your hubby. She really wants a kitty, and I think Onyx would be perfect with her kids. Onyx is just so laid back and nothing seems to bother him. I have pulled his tail and poked him in the ear, etc. and he's non-reactive. I see him being the perfect kitty to have around children.

I would take Onyx in a blink, but I have two senior kitsters that would freak. They just got used to not having our pupsters around anymore. I know I have neglected you in my donations in the last months, but daughter is finally getting married next weekend, so things will calm down; stress wise and money wise. Thank you for all you do for the sweet critters.

Last edited: