Slow night..must be watching the Olympics.. so

mudpuddle

I greatly enjoyed it...did not see the whole thing, but we dvr'd it so we can watch it tomorrow!!!
I love the winter Olympics over the summer Olympics!
I really enjoyed the "new sport" with the snowboarding!
Did you see where the course was located on TOP of the mountain?
Every time I saw an overhead shot, I got dizzy! lol

mamatutu

mama to two
I won't be watching. Not a fan of the dog massacre over there.

It's funny you said that. We were watching because hub wanted to, but he fell asleep. He has a 50K run tomorrow. I changed the channel. I have a problem with the dog killing, too. If strays were such a problem, why wasn't it addressed before now. The dogs would not give a good vibe to Sochi, so the solution was to slaughter them. Very sad.

mamatutu

mama to two
There are many articles on this. Here are two. I know Arkie must be sad. :frown:

Billionaire Steps in to Save the Dogs Being Killed for the Sochi Olympics | Pets - Yahoo Shine

Stray dogs in Sochi: Mad dash is on to save dogs before killed off with 'poison' - Hartford Top News | Examiner.com

I wish Team USA well, and hope they do great! It is not their fault what was done by Sochi in what they think is preparation to host. But, the wind has been taken out of my sails as far as watching the Olympics. The dog killing takes the joy out of the whole reason that the World tries to come together. Sad.

Last edited:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
There are many articles on this. Here are two. I know Arkie must be sad. :frown:

Billionaire Steps in to Save the Dogs Being Killed for the Sochi Olympics | Pets - Yahoo Shine

Stray dogs in Sochi: Mad dash is on to save dogs before killed off with 'poison' - Hartford Top News | Examiner.com

I wish Team USA well, and hope they do great! It is not their fault what was done by Sochi in what they think is preparation to host. But, the wind has been taken out of my sails as far as watching the Olympics. The dog killing takes the joy out of the whole reason that the World tries to come together. Sad.

There was a story on the news the other day of someone driving 1,000 miles to Sochi, loading his car up with as many dogs as he could fit and driving back home.

Stuff like that restores my faith in humanity.