HVAC Shout out

unixpirate

Pitty Party
I just want to pass on a very nice experience we had with
Hancock Refrigeration Compamy Inc. Loveville, MD and would recommend them. But first, let me tell you a bad experiece and lessoned learned.

We called a friend that has a friend that did AC for a living. (Supposedly). We know better now.
Said he would be there the next day and of course we were relieved. Don't want to give names but sure feel like it.
:cussing:
Well the friend of a friend apparently showed up, (daughter was home) the guy didn't have tools to take the cover off of the AC unit, so my daughter got him a screw driver. Asked her how to take the cover off. She said, probably by the screws on the front. He took the cover off, staired at it, put it back on, charged us $70 and said we needed a whole new unit. He got paid. Left!
We called for days after for pricing and such.
:cussing:
He finally called back said he had pricing, but by then as you know last week was hot we had contacted Hancocks. They said they would be there the next day and they were.
:clap:
A capacitor, half hour labor and some tlc, $160 later, the AC was working. :dance:
The girl that answered the phone at Hancocks was wonderful, the guy that did the work was very kind and knowledgable.
Just wanted to pass this info on in case anyone needs a good HVAC person.
You all have a lovely week.
Laterz