Dry

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's awful. I have humidifiers running in every room but I'm still miserable. My nose, hair, hands, skin....I can hardly breathe. I turn on the humidifier in my bedroom before I go to bed and close the doors so it's like a sauna when I go in there and I can sleep.

Any suggestions? This cold weather is making me very unhappy.

luvmygdaughters

It's awful. I have humidifiers running in every room but I'm still miserable. My nose, hair, hands, skin....I can hardly breathe. I turn on the humidifier in my bedroom before I go to bed and close the doors so it's like a sauna when I go in there and I can sleep.

I'm not sure if this works or not, but, I was told if you have plants in your house, its supposed to help keep the rooms in the house from drying out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

IIRC, you have an April Air humidifier on your system. I suspect your water filter thingy is clogged up and needs to be washed/replaced.

nutz

An all inclusive Caribbean vacation :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IIRC, you have an April Air humidifier on your system. I suspect your water filter thingy is clogged up and needs to be washed/replaced.

I have no idea about any of that BUT I did check and the humidifier was actually turned off, which would explain things. The service guy was here a few months ago to check the furnace, do a cleaning, etc, and he must have forgotten to turn it back on when he was done.

So thank you!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Run showers, etc. for a while and boil a pot of water. Works for a couple of hours at least. Do a load of towels in the washer and hang them in the house to air dry. Use plan saline mist in your nose. Hand lotion with aloe all over your body.

Another option is to turn off the heat, bundle up, and open the windows for an hour.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was afraid you were going to say that....

Maybe we brought it down???? It doesn't belong up there but, that's what I remember.

Just get the model number off the one you have and go get a new one. Or get Vince or Pete to do it. They're gentlemen who love a damsel in distress!!!

If you recall, they get crusty from the minerals in the water cascading over them. I think I cleaned mine once and decided it was easier to just keep a spare on hand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you recall, they get crusty from the minerals in the water cascading over them. I think I cleaned mine once and decided it was easier to just keep a spare on hand.

I remember that well from cleaning the icky thing. The Burch guy gave me a schedule of exactly what to do and when to do it, but that doesn't help if the humidifier is turned off.

It's feeling better in here already.