CBS: Winter Caused by Climate Changed

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CBS BLAMES GLOBAL WARMING FOR BAD WINTER

Guest Michio Kaku, a physics professor from New York City College--not a climatologist, but a physicist--claimed that the "wacky weather" could get "even wackier" and its all because of global warming. "What we're seeing is that the jet stream and the polar vortex are becoming unstable. Instability of historic proportions. We think it's because of the gradual heating up of the North Pole. The North Pole is melting," professor Kaku said.

"That excess heat generated by all this warm water is destabilizing this gigantic bucket of cold air... So that's the irony, that heating could cause gigantic storms of historic proportions," the prof explained.
This was all because of global warming, Rose insisted.

Kaku went on to say that the weather "instabilities" we are seeing are because of the "erratic nature of the jet stream" and the "polar vortex."

Kaku also said that it is too late to change any of this:
Well, the bad news is that the north polar region continues to rise in temperature, it seems to be irreversible at a certain point, so we may have to get used to a new normal. That is, a north polar region that is melting, causing more instability in this bucket, causing more things to spill out, which means more extremes. Some winters could be very mild, other winters could be horrendous.

Hijinx

I am a bit old, but so far I haven't seen anything that I haven't seen before.

I wasn't alive during the Dust Bowl years, but I read about it.

There have been bad storms before.

Climate Change?? I won't argue with that>

I will argue all day that there is anything we can do about it or that we caused it.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
This is just like the story baseline in The Dat After Tomorrow!!

What a eerie coincidence!!

:killingme

All weather systems are rotational in nature, aka a vortex.
Calling it a vortex instead of a circular pattern like they have in the past, changes nothing

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I will argue all day that there is anything we can do about it or that we caused it.

There is no reason to NOT study our emissions and take practical steps to clean them up. However, that is the key, practical.

There is no more thinking and reason involved in saying 'there is nothing we can do about it' than there is in 'the sky is falling'.

Hijinx

There is no reason to NOT study our emissions and take practical steps to clean them up. However, that is the key, practical.

There is no more thinking and reason involved in saying 'there is nothing we can do about it' than there is in 'the sky is falling'.

Certainly we can have cleaner air, and lower emissions and that's a good thing, and we can and do have plenty of studies.

But in the United States our laws are sending jobs to countries who do not worry about such things. What I am trying to say is that we try hard to produce things and do it in a manner which is clean up to a point. Past that point the manufacturer says clean is too expensive and moves his operations to a country that doesn't care about being clean.

Is that smart? I don't think so, it only makes matters worse.

During the beginning of the Industrial Revolution in the late 1800's early 1900 the sky was filled with filth, Coal smoke and wood smoke everywhere.
Is that when Global warming started? I can remember going to work when a black cloud hung over Washington DC, that cloud is gone and we have done amazing things in this country to clean it as much as we have, It has cost us a lot and now that cloud is hanging over China. Is that a solution?

Clean air? Great. We all like it, but without a world wide solution , isn't it better to keep industrialization in a country that at least tries to keep it clean?
Driving producers out of this country by making it too expensive to produce is not the answer.

If Obama had spent the Billions on cleaning up coal fired plants instead of tossing that money away with his green plan would that not have been better?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

During the beginning of the Industrial Revolution in the late 1800's early 1900 the sky was filled with filth, Coal smoke and wood smoke everywhere.
Is that when Global warming started?

The location of the Jamestown settlement in VA was chosen because that's where the colonists encountered fresh water in their trip up the James river.
Now the fresh water is at Richmond.

So yes, the climate is changing, and no, man does not create the climate