Utah mother says shirts are 'indecent,'

Bay_Kat

Tropical
buys them all

SALT LAKE CITY – A mother upset about "indecent" T-shirts on display at a Utah mall found a quick if not especially convenient way to remove them: She bought every last one.

Judy Cox and her 18-year-old son were shopping Saturday at the University Mall in Orem, about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City, when she saw the shirts in the window of a PacSun store.

The shirts featured pictures of scantily dressed models in provocative poses.

Cox said she complained about the window display to a store manager and was told the T-shirts couldn't be taken down without approval from the corporate office. She then bought all 19 T-shirts in stock, for a total of $567. She says she plans to return them later, toward the end of the chain store's 60-day return period.

Utah mother says shirts are 'indecent,' buys them all | Fox News

Seriously? Don't even know what to say about this.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I had no problem with her actions until I read she plans on returning them. That makes her a fraud and a phony. I would have a problem if she asked the government to "do something" about these t-shirts.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I think it is a brilliant idea. Return them, then have someone else buy them all, return, etc. See if the store changes their return policy, or whatever.

Pretty funny. We'll see who caves.

itsrequired

I had no problem with her actions until I read she plans on returning them. That makes her a fraud and a phony. I would have a problem if she asked the government to "do something" about these t-shirts.

Why does it make her a fraud or a phony? Is she doing something outside of the stores policy? Pac sun has a sixty day return policy which you can return for ANY reason as long as you have your reciept for a full refund.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Great free advertising for PacSun. People will just go get them from other locations.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Why does it make her a fraud or a phony? Is she doing something outside of the stores policy? Pac sun has a sixty day return policy which you can return for ANY reason as long as you have your reciept for a full refund.

It doesn't make her phony at all. We actually agree on something.:buddies:

This appears to be this woman's unique form of protest, and a perfectly legal business transaction. Just call it impulse buying, with regrets before the return date expires.

Chris0nllyn

I can't speak for LB, but she could be a phony because she was so upset about the shirts that she just had to buy them all so no one else could.

Then she returned them, for anyone to buy....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
They look like very scantily-clad females for sure. Where's all the women libbers and leftists protesting the exploitation of a woman's body by sexualizing it?:killingme

Now if those shirts displayed a clothed, man/woman married couple holding their baby, with a slogan something like "Don't abort", now THAT would be something to protest and get your panties in a wad about.:yahoo:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I can't speak for LB, but she could be a phony because she was so upset about the shirts that she just had to buy them all so no one else could.

Then she returned them, for anyone to buy....

Right.

Her efforts are ineffective. Like I said, I have no problem with her using her own money to do whatever she wants. But if her desire is to keep poor innocent children from seeing these horrific t-shirts, she hasn't achieved that. It's like the silly forumites who think if they put someone in their twit filter it actually makes them disappear. :killingme

I hope the store reads of her efforts and rejects her return, or changes their policy to not allow returns. You people who have never actually run a business with a retail storefront wouldn't understand this, but many laws actually favor the merchants in this area. Merchants have an awful lot of latitude in dealing with returns, no matter what you read from the "customer-is-always-right" sort of advice columns in Good Housekeeping. The return window is 60 days and if she used a credit card, it would likely be paid by the time she is ready to return them. The store refuses, the transaction is cleared, the credit card company wouldn't likely do much for her.

I know I would refuse to process her return if it were my store, and I would prevail too.

Nope, this is just another bint looking for her 15 minutes. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Doofy or Brian Killme interview her on Fake News this week.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Her son is 18 years old. Is she still picking out his clothes? I guess he still lives at home and she doesn't want to deal with his dirty socks after he rubs one out with his secret stash of Jergens.

What makes you think she was buying for him? All the article said was she was shopping with her 18 year old son when she saw the shirts in a window display. I would think she just thought the window display was offensive, and she and her son had probably not planned to enter that store in the first place.

A whole lot of "jumping the gun" going on here.

Especially near the end of the article, where the mall manager said this:

"This is a store that caters to junior high and high school age kids," said Kallas, mall manager for 40 years. "Some of the poses were provocative and were inappropriate for a store catering to young people."

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What makes you think she was buying for him? All the article said was she was shopping with her 18 year old son when she saw the shirts in a window display. I would think she just thought the window display was offensive, and she and her son had probably not planned to enter that store in the first place.

A whole lot of "jumping the gun" going on here.

Especially near the end of the article, where the mall manager said this:

"This is a store that caters to junior high and high school age kids," said Kallas, mall manager for 40 years. "Some of the poses were provocative and were inappropriate for a store catering to young people."

And right in the heart of Mormon country. I wonder what her opinion is on Victoria's Secret?