Nebraska law that allowed Keystone XL struck down

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska judge on Wednesday struck down a law that allowed the Keystone XL oil pipeline to proceed through the state, a victory for opponents who have tried to block the project.

Lancaster County Judge Stephanie Stacy issued a ruling that invalidated Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman's approval of the route. Stacy agreed with opponents' arguments that law passed in 2011 improperly delegated the decision-making power to Heineman to give the company eminent domain powers within the state. Stacy said the decision should have been made by the Nebraska Public Service Commission, which regulates pipelines and other utilities.

The lawsuit was filed by three Nebraska landowners who oppose the pipeline.

"Under the Court's ruling, TransCanada has no approved route in Nebraska," Dave Domina, the landowners' attorney, said in a statement. "TransCanada is not authorized to condemn the property against Nebraska landowners. The pipeline project is at standstill in this state."

Domina said the ruling means that the governor's office has no role to play in the pipeline, and decisions within the state must be made by the Public Service Commission. The decision on a federal permit still rests with President Barack Obama. "

Hijinx

Doesn't really stop anything just delays it until the Public Service Commission OK's it.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I wonder how long it's going to take you folks in support of this pipeline to figure out it's not a about "American Energy Independence", but rather companies taking Canadian oil and selling at the international spot price locally without having to ship it anywhere.

Sheesh. Open your eyes people.

Commodities: how do they work?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... but rather companies taking Canadian oil and selling at the international spot price locally without having to ship it anywhere.

yeah and ?

the OIL is already moving over Rail Cars Owned by Soros

ADD Moment - Hey wait minuet I wonder if Obama's Opposition this entire time, has to do with S getting transportation fees for his Railroad​

otherwise, wont American Companies make money off of the loading of said oil
and has anyone said anything about the USA NOT being a potential customer

:popcorn:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I wonder how long it's going to take you folks in support of this pipeline to figure out it's not a about "American Energy Independence", but rather companies taking Canadian oil and selling at the international spot price locally without having to ship it anywhere.

Sheesh. Open your eyes people.

I thought it was about Obama's buddy Warren Buffet getting paid to haul the stuff on his trains

Hijinx

I thought it was about Obama's buddy Warren Buffet getting paid to haul the stuff on his trains

We have at least one pipeline here in Southern Maryland running from Piney Point to Washington, It was built years back and many do not even know it is there. Never had any problems with it to my knowledge. I don't know if landowners were paid to allow it to pass through their property , but I assume they did. I don't see what the landowners are bitching about. Fact is I don't even know if it is still used.