Live-in nanny arrested on child sex abuse charges

Bay_Kat

Tropical
HOLIDAY --
A former nanny in Pasco County was arrested after one of his employers said he sexually abused a 4-year-old girl he was supposed to be watching.

Jami Hastings said she met Daniel Colarusso at her former apartment complex in Holiday. She said he babysat for one of her neighbors and her then husband hired him to do maintenance work. Hastings said the couple even let Colarusso stay in their guest bedroom for about a month.
"He was a very nice guy---trustworthy," Hastings said. "Seemed like he loved kids."

But things quickly went south.

Hastings said Colarusso broke into her ex-husband's bank account, so they fired him.

Live-in nanny arrested on child sex abuse charges

Nanny, really? I would have had red flags and alarm bells going off if this guy told me he was a nanny.

As for how Colarusso became the little girl's babysitter in the first place, detecitves say the mother placed an add for a live-in babysitter on Craigslist, without any sort of background check.

Go figure, Craigslist. That crap needs to be taken off the internet, seems to be the hotspot for lunatics and perverts. Anyone who doesn't do a background check on a person they want to watch their child should be held just as guilty.

Last edited:

Hijinx

How is it craigslist fault if people are ignorant.

In an extension of that, Craigslist is on the internet so the internet is guilty.

Craigslist like the internet has good and bad points dependent on how one chooses to use it.

Caveat Emptor.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
How is it craigslist fault if people are ignorant.

In an extension of that, Craigslist is on the internet so the internet is guilty.

Craigslist like the internet has good and bad points dependent on how one chooses to use it.

Caveat Emptor.

I agree with both of you, I've even gotten good deals on Craigslist. Just strange that you hear about all the wackos that have been found on Craigslist.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Red flags indeed. Her and her ex-husband threw caution to the wind,for a quick and probably cheaper fix to their need for a sitter. Look who paid the price. :(

I have to admit this, due to bad publicity I would never go there for anything. At this rate I really see failure in that sites future. It has a rep now and crazy users feed off that.

:coffee:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I agree with both of you, I've even gotten good deals on Craigslist. Just strange that you hear about all the wackos that have been found on Craigslist.

I have had well over 100 transactions through Craigslist, have never had any problems. Anytime it felt sketchy I would always have at least one other person with me. If I go alone I send the address to my fiance and mother and call them as soon as I leave.

Red flags indeed. Her and her ex-husband threw caution to the wind,for a quick and probably cheaper fix to their need for a sitter. Look who paid the price. :(

I have to admit this, due to bad publicity I would never go there for anything. At this rate I really see failure in that sites future. It has a rep now and crazy users feed off that.

:coffee:

I would not use services found on CL, I would rather have someone with a good local reputation.