Are you ready for this???

Dakota

~~~~~~~
In July 2013, I posted a ton of pictures of the 8 week old kittens I was fostering and for those that remember, I ended up keeping 1 of those kittens after he went 2 weeks without being adopted and was the last one left in his litter.

Anyway... here he is at 8 weeks and here he is today at 9 months old.

They say the average house cat is 10-15 lbs. I have 1 that is 8 lbs. and I suspect the other female I have is about that or less. This male cat is almost 20 lbs. and almost 3 foot long from the tip of his head to the end of his tail. It is like he is filled with lead. He goes to the vet on Tuesday for a well visit, which is not something I typically go to the expense to do... but at the rate he is growing, I thought it would be best. He is enormous already and it is said cats are not considered full-grown until they are 18 months to 3 years old.

Attachments

• Sonic Chair.jpg
    Sonic Chair.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Sonic chair 2.jpg
    Sonic chair 2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 244

Dakota

~~~~~~~
You got yourself a fat cat.
We got a couple here.

I am afraid that is what the vet is going to say. My husband keeps telling me he isn't fat and just going to be a very big cat. I have him on Natural Balance food but one of the reasons for the visit is to get some guidance on how much I should be feeding him.

When I call him, it sounds like a pony is running through my house. He is very busy all the time so lack of exercise isn't his problem but I cannot control what he eats outside. I do let him in and out.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
When I call him, it sounds like a pony is running through my house.

We have 5, dam'it 5, not all over weight. But when they jump off their heavy duty perch you can feel the house shake. Then lets mix in the Puppy dogs that go on the chase.

But it makes for a Happy Family.
(I think)

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I suppose a large part of it is genes, but male cats tend to grow larger when neutered young. Your guy also looks more than well fed. Maybe it's a combination of all three. :shrug:

mamatutu

mama to two
In July 2013, I posted a ton of pictures of the 8 week old kittens I was fostering and for those that remember, I ended up keeping 1 of those kittens after he went 2 weeks without being adopted and was the last one left in his litter.

Anyway... here he is at 8 weeks and here he is today at 9 months old.

They say the average house cat is 10-15 lbs. I have 1 that is 8 lbs. and I suspect the other female I have is about that or less. This male cat is almost 20 lbs. and almost 3 foot long from the tip of his head to the end of his tail. It is like he is filled with lead. He goes to the vet on Tuesday for a well visit, which is not something I typically go to the expense to do... but at the rate he is growing, I thought it would be best. He is enormous already and it is said cats are not considered full-grown until they are 18 months to 3 years old.

Your kitty is very similar to my Tommy in markings. When he stretches out on the floor, he is easily 3 feet long tip to tail. He has an underbelly that sways back and forth when he runs. Tom has really long legs for a cat, as well. He is 13 now, and weighs 16 pounds. Just had his check up and vet says he is within average range. We have tiger/leopard kitties! :lol:

Last edited:

Roman

He is one beautiful cat. I think he's not fat, maybe a little plump. Either way, maybe ge's a Maine Coon mix? That might explain his size.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
He is one beautiful cat. I think he's not fat, maybe a little plump. Either way, maybe he's a Maine Coon mix? That might explain his size.

Here is a picture of his momma. She is very small and well, IMO, not very attractive at all.

The father was thought to be a very large cat hanging around. They thought he was a Maine Coon or Forest Cat but they said, whatever he is... he was huge.

It will be interesting to hear what the vet has to say. He's only 9 months old. He is so big that I have to borrow a crate.

Attachments

• Bella - momma.jpg
    Bella - momma.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 208

Dakota

~~~~~~~
She is beautiful.

(trying to get myself around this new forum thingy)

Her eyes are wild. That is the one we FINALLY trapped over the summer and fixed. Her kitten making days are over.

DoWhat,

This "Fat/Big Boy" is digging holes in our yard and going after the moles/voles.... he just hasn't caught one yet. I am hoping once he does... it is on and he get 'em all.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
(trying to get myself around this new forum thingy)

Her eyes are wild. That is the one we FINALLY trapped over the summer and fixed. Her kitten making days are over.

DoWhat,

This "Fat/Big Boy" is digging holes in our yard and going after the moles/voles.... he just hasn't caught one yet. I am hoping once he does... it is on and he get 'em all.

Lets just hope he doesn't feel the need to bring them back to you. :)

:coffee:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
DoWhat,

:yay:
Ours are all killers.
The female is the best.

Attachments

• Jazz.jpg
    Jazz.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 203

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
ForumRunner_20140204_205252.jpg ForumRunner_20140204_205202.jpg Onyx the adult black male we have available for adoption is huge. I am not sure of his weight, but he has a LONG body, and he is not fat by any means.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Simon, my soon to be 14yo Siamese is about 15-16lbs. or so. He is not very active anymore, but manages to make it up the townhouse stairs to meow for his breakfast at 5am every day. (EVERYday) He also goes downstairs to the ground level to the litter box at least several times a day. We only feed him 1/3cup dry (Purina Older Cat) food at 5am & 5pm. He spends the bulk of his day on our main level in the TH, but the Vet diagnosed him with arthritis last year, so we sprinkle 1 capsule of Dasuquin over his food every night.

He's just big-boned. :biggrin: