$20 million in cold weather energy assist

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES $20 MILLION IN COLD WEATHER ENERGY BILL ASSISTANCE = So where is the check and balance on people who are on the DOLE being able to keep their house at 77, nice and cozy while i try to keep my costs down by setting thermostat at a reasonable setting.... I get it, some people do need assistance, but OTHER lazy SOB's just take and take while i pay for their taking!!!! Sure hope there's a limit on what each household is able to get. Will definitely make sure MIL is going to get her share of assistance.

tommyjo

GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES $20 MILLION IN COLD WEATHER ENERGY BILL ASSISTANCE = So where is the check and balance on people who are on the DOLE being able to keep their house at 77, nice and cozy while i try to keep my costs down by setting thermostat at a reasonable setting.... I get it, some people do need assistance, but OTHER lazy SOB's just take and take while i pay for their taking!!!! Sure hope there's a limit on what each household is able to get. Will definitely make sure MIL is going to get her share of assistance.

when your first and last comments are about abusers it doesn't sound like you get that there are people who need assistance...you just lump everyone into one big group of lazy good for nothings...your comments and mental capabilities will fit right in here.

So...if you are so convinced it is better and easier to be on the dole...why aren't you? Just quit your job...or give up your pension...walk away from everything and see how fantastic it is to live high off the hog while waddling up to the public trough.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
when your first and last comments are about abusers it doesn't sound like you get that there are people who need assistance...you just lump everyone into one big group of lazy good for nothings...your comments and mental capabilities will fit right in here.

So...if you are so convinced it is better and easier to be on the dole...why aren't you? Just quit your job...or give up your pension...walk away from everything and see how fantastic it is to live high off the hog while waddling up to the public trough.
Some people have more self respect and esteem to be living off of someone else's sweat is not an option for them, others have not issue with taking money out of someone else's pocket, as long as they don't have to break a sweat.

You sound like the later.

Last edited:

mitzi

I'm SURE there are plenty of senior citizens on a fixed income that this assistance is a blessing for them. There is a dollar limit on how much assistance is received and the person has to make monthly payments also. If you burn up the dollar amount the assistance provided you with, you are responsible for the balance. It's not a free for all. A lot of the funding is from donations also. Don't be so quick to judge something you know nothing about.

BOP

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I'm SURE there are plenty of senior citizens on a fixed income that this assistance is a blessing for them. There is a dollar limit on how much assistance is received and the person has to make monthly payments also. If you burn up the dollar amount the assistance provided you with, you are responsible for the balance. It's not a free for all. A lot of the funding is from donations also. Don't be so quick to judge something you know nothing about.

If a lot of the funding is from donations why did OweMalley just offer up $20 Million Maryland taxpayer money?

Also, I would like to go to the house of those who need this assistance and how they are living, if they have an XBox, PS3, large flat screen TV, computer, smart phone, a vehicle that is younger then 10 years, more then one vehicle, custom rims on their vehicle, a state of the art stereo system in their house and/or home, and/or Ipad/Ipod then they don't need this assistance. If they can buy that stuff then can pay for their own heat and stop living off the backs of hard working Marylanders.

Popster

If a lot of the funding is from donations why did OweMalley just offer up $20 Million Maryland taxpayer money?

Also, I would like to go to the house of those who need this assistance and how they are living, if they have an XBox, PS3, large flat screen TV, computer, smart phone, a vehicle that is younger then 10 years, more then one vehicle, custom rims on their vehicle, a state of the art stereo system in their house and/or home, and/or Ipad/Ipod then they don't need this assistance. If they can buy that stuff then can pay for their own heat and stop living off the backs of hard working Marylanders.

Just curious, does your MIL have any of the above?

mitzi

I guess they ran low on funds. Look on the papers that come with your SMECO bill. They ask for donations and lists companies that donate. I do agree that people take advantage and this program previously you could only apply from October to March. Now it's year round. However, I still state my case that seniors and some adults do need the assistance. If you have oil heat, they do not help pay your electric bill, but will help with the oil. I wouldn't want to think of anyone being without heat this winter, so if it comes from some of my tax money, so be it.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!

how about the middle of my statement tommy ? I get it, some people do need assistance.... And not going to even try and understand you wanting me to quit my job, paying my part of the bank to help society's people that need help along with the lazy SOB's to go on dole!

Hijinx

nope does yours????????????????

I don't have a problem with giving those who need it some assistance.

What I have a problem with is the county taxing my heating fuel so that is higher than Diesel at the pump.
With the county adding to my fuel costs , I may need help myself.

The last fuel oil I got was $3.99 a gallon and I understand it has gone up again.

Why should heating fuel which is basically the same as Diesel cost more than Diesel?? Ask the County.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I guess they ran low on funds. Look on the papers that come with your SMECO bill. They ask for donations and lists companies that donate. I do agree that people take advantage and this program previously you could only apply from October to March. Now it's year round. However, I still state my case that seniors and some adults do need the assistance. If you have oil heat, they do not help pay your electric bill, but will help with the oil. I wouldn't want to think of anyone being without heat this winter, so if it comes from some of my tax money, so be it.
I understand that there are people who truly need help but it should be up to me who I give my money to and not the government taking it from me and deciding how gets it. The government should not be in the business of being a charity organization, it should not be taxing me in order to give to others who it deems worthy.

MarieB

I don't have a problem with giving those who need it some assistance.

What I have a problem with is the county taxing my heating fuel so that is higher than Diesel at the pump.
With the county adding to my fuel costs , I may need help myself.

The last fuel oil I got was $3.99 a gallon and I understand it has gone up again.

Why should heating fuel which is basically the same as Diesel cost more than Diesel?? Ask the County.

Heating oil actually went down this year. You should shop around.