13 scientists say Climate Change is real.

Hijinx

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...ks-are-real-warn-economists-scientists-n55986

You will notice that they longer call it Global Warming. Now it's Climate Change.

Do these brilliant scientists really think that we can stop it?
Do they think we can stop it here in the US while China is so dirty they cannot see the sky?
Do they refuse to acknowledge that one volcanic eruption can reverse all that humans do in the next ten years?

We can all agree that there is climate change, there has been climate change since the world began, long before humans inhabited it and long long before we started driving automobiles. Certainly we can and should do all we can to keep our air clean, but believing that humans can change the climate is a fools errand.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Climate change is real, it is more commonly referred to as weather by normal people. The argument is it a naturally occurring event, or is it due to humans. The scam is the force fed legislation, enviro wack job protesting and the billions spent on renewable energy that is not completely ready for mainstream usage. Not to mention the blatant disregard to real science, the hatred and lies spread about deniers, and the falsification of numbers and information

Clean renewable energy should be a goal, however the manner in which the government is trying to implement it is wrong. By not allowing the market to develop better technology for a cheaper price, everyone is using yesterdays technology, at tomorrow prices.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I've noticed a heavier push on this stuff of late. My theory is that the trends are already starting to swing the other way, as they are wont to do. But they haven't gotten their total cash grab yet so they need to push it hard. Then when the trends play out, they can all come out and take a bow for "saving the planet."

Biggest snow job in America since water fluoridation.

Baywatchv8

"from the tropics to the Arctic, from the bottom of the ocean to the top of the atmosphere"

they stll refuse to look out to the biggest influence, the sun.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"from the tropics to the Arctic, from the bottom of the ocean to the top of the atmosphere"

they stll refuse to look out to the biggest influence, the sun.

It is my understanding that sun spots and other increased output corresponds quite nicely to temp variations here on earth. No money to be made with "Nothing to see here, nothing we can do."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Funny... I thought the same thing when I found my old Y2K congratulatory certificates and t-shirts a few days ago.

The Y2K scare was dreamed up by a bunch of FORTRAN and COBOL programmers who had used up their unemployment insurance eligibility.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It is my understanding that sun spots and other increased output corresponds quite nicely to temp variations here on earth. No money to be made with "Nothing to see here, nothing we can do."

increased solar activity - warms the oceans, releasing trapped CO2 ... when the oceans cool, the CO2 is trapped again

more quote green house gases unquote come from active Volcanos and bovine butts ... then all the cars ever produced

Larry Gude

Strung Out
increased solar activity - warms the oceans, releasing trapped CO2 ... when the oceans cool, the CO2 is trapped again

more quote green house gases unquote come from active Volcanos and bovine butts ... then all the cars ever produced

Right, and that's not a reason to NOT look at our emissions but, you can't make sound public policy based on hysteria. You can make policy but, it can NOT be sound. That's what is so maddening about all this; the people claiming to have the science are doing so in an abjectly anti science fashion.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Right, and that's not a reason to NOT look at our emissions but, you can't make sound public policy based on hysteria. You can make policy but, it can NOT be sound. That's what is so maddening about all this; the people claiming to have the science are doing so in an abjectly anti science fashion.

It's what happens when you use science for politics rather than just to explore the facts of nature. It's not hard to recruit scientists that have political agendas; and who have a lot to gain from the resulting policy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's what happens when you use science for politics rather than just to explore the facts of nature. It's not hard to recruit scientists that have political agendas; and who have a lot to gain from the resulting policy.

But, we, the people, having learned the basics about things like 'hypothesis' and the fundamental, basic scientific method therein, as kids, should here these people as saying "I have some really nice snake oil for sale. It's good for everything. Trust me." and reject it, out of hand. This sort of nonsense should be treated as nonsense, reflexively.