Michelle's Excellent China Vaca...

Hijinx

Coo coo ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...encing-pretty-ladys-mother-barking-staff.html

"Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' – and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff"

Sounds like WH staffers who coached Michelle on how to act like a lady forgot to coach her mother.
It's a little expensive, but if it keeps her out of Reggie and Obama's way I am sure the President thinks it's worth it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
In all candor, it's sad to say the girls are starting to take after mom rather than dad.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I am constantly entertained by what passes for journalism with you people.

Imagine how excited you'll become when you learn how to read. It's really fun when you can finally know what all those pictures are talking about. Just ask my 4 year old grandson, he'll help you learn.

C

czygvtwkr

Having worked in a grocery store in a college town and knowing how the Chinese treat people in service jobs I am not sure that I care. They use to come up to the seafood counter, while I was helping another customer, beat on the counter and yell "two pound, two pound, no ice"

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am constantly entertained by what passes for journalism with you people.

I'm constantly entertained (actually annoyed) by people that think our elected leaders (yes, she is elected by extension) serve us better by us serving them and, they, looking down on us like we were annoying little bugs. If you don't think there is a problem with the first lady traveling to China on our dime, refusing media coverage - you know, that most transparent administration history - being yet another example of the grotesque waste this government continues to amass on the people, then YOU are part of the problem. Ignoring it doesn't make it magically go away.

edinsomd

And if y'all liked the first link, you'll love this one:

http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014/03/peopletopeople_berating_of_beijing_hotel_staff.html

"As part of her “people-to-people exchange,” while Grandma Marian was busy being rude to the hotel staff, Mrs. Obama attempted to minimize the damage by whacking around a tennis ball with Chinese schoolchildren. Michelle did admit she’s a rookie at the sport but added, “My husband plays. He thinks he's better than he really is,” a declaration that describes a tendency that goes far beyond tennis."

:whistle:

TPD

the poor dad
I've often wondered what you get in a $8000 per night motel room. Are the peanuts and mini-bar included you think? Free Internet? USA today? Unlimited room service included too? What about massages and foot rubs? I will never find out I guess...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've often wondered what you get in a $8000 per night motel room. Are the peanuts and mini-bar included you think? Free Internet? USA today? Unlimited room service included too? What about massages and foot rubs? I will never find out I guess...

I know what $250/day bought me at one the finest hotels in Guangzhou...including free limo service to and from the shipyard every day. I cannot begin to imagine what 8 grand buys...

The Daily Mail is like Britain's version of the National Enquirer. Just take it with a dash of tongue-in-cheek is all Im saying.

BOP

For $8k a night, I better have free satellite, free cable, free wet bar, and hot-and-cold running hookers. That's all I'm sayin'.

mamatutu

mama to two
The more I read (different sources), the more sickening this trip is to me. Michelle won't grant interviews, but it seems it is well known through WH sources that one of her dreams was to visit China. Americans paid for that. Also, Michelle seems to think it is so relevant (Chinese tradition) that 3 generations could travel together as in her, her mom, and the girls; respect and all. Americans paid for that. Michelle says her mom would have never seen the world if it weren't for their current situation. Americans paid for that. Why is her mom on the trip, anyway, much less the girls? Michelle says she is there to promote education. The Chinese are way ahead of the US on that; especially in math, science, and technology. Americans paid for that. Michelle gives a speech in a communist country that includes talking about the right to free speech as a given right. Oops! Americans paid for that. Michelle didn't meet the first lady of China last year in California because of schedule conflicts; and basically dissed her. Americans paid for that You get the idea. Absolutely, sickening.