Zero Tolerance Run Amok?

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
A mother trying to pick her special needs son up from school winds up in handcuffs and puts the school on lockdown. The furious mother came to News 4 claiming the school handled things all wrong.

The incident took place at Walnut Groves Elementary School on Thursday when the mother came to help her son.

“I was lying in bed when I received a frantic phone call from the teacher, Michael was panicking,” said Niakea Williams.

Michael is Williams’ son and he suffers from Asperger’s syndrome.

After getting the call, Williams came up the Ferguson - Florissant school where she was buzzed in by school officials.

“I saw a teacher and she said Ms. Williams what is wrong? I said something is wrong with Mikey and proceeded to go straight to my son,” said Williams.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Moth...nsoling-son-in-local-classroom-251349481.html

They should fire the principal. What a jackass.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Zero tolerance policies are a huge problem.

But this is only one side of the story. For all we know, the entitled brood sow could have been asked to sign in, and plowed right through in order to get to her specshul Johnny. We just don't know because they didn't bother to get the school's side of the story.

Also:

She got to her son’s classroom and immediately started to console him. Then the school principal informed her she was violated school policy by not signing in.

When this kind of "typo" is allowed past the editors, you have to wonder what sort of fact-checking was done on this story. A little skepticism goes a long way with these kinds of loose stories.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Also, I'm pretty sure Asperger’s has been removed from the current DSM. Calling the kid "special" needs is a bit of a stretch. He's probably little more than a momma's boy with socialization issues. Reference the recent thread about the feminization of America.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Also, I'm pretty sure Asperger’s has been removed from the current DSM. Calling the kid "special" needs is a bit of a stretch. He's probably little more than a momma's boy with socialization issues. Reference the recent thread about the feminization of America.

:yay:

Hijinx

But this is only one side of the story. For all we know, the entitled brood sow could have been asked to sign in, and plowed right through in order to get to her specshul Johnny. We just don't know because they didn't bother to get the school's side of the story.

Also:

When this kind of "typo" is allowed past the editors, you have to wonder what sort of fact-checking was done on this story. A little skepticism goes a long way with these kinds of loose stories.

I read the story and see no indication that this woman should be called a brood sow.
It may be a loose story but your accusation of her being a brood sow leaves me a little skeptical about how you determine how to refer to people.
All mothers think of their children as "special". They are special to them if to no one else.

nutz

And you wonder why........

"In DSM-5, Asperger‘s disorder, pervasive developmental disorder (not otherwise specified) and childhood disintegrative disorder were consolidated within the overarching category of ASD."
http://www.psych.org/home/search-results?k=asperger's

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But this is only one side of the story.

^This^

And what is wrong with you??? I expect you to rail against authority and you end up saying something sensible like, "But this is only one side of the story..." Who are you and what have you done with LibertyBeacon?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Also:

You call the woman a 'brood sow' and question the validity of the story? Ironically interesting!

pebbles

i read the story & agree that it's kind of vague. However, from what I read, I think calling the police was a little extreme. They did buzz her in & teacher recognized her. I think the principal should have went to the parent & asked her to come sign the book, bring the child with her if necessary. It's not like it was an unknown person with an unknown agenda. The was the article reads, they knew why she was there too.

Hijinx

i read the story & agree that it's kind of vague. However, from what I read, I think calling the police was a little extreme. They did buzz her in & teacher recognized her. I think the principal should have went to the parent & asked her to come sign the book, bring the child with her if necessary. It's not like it was an unknown person with an unknown agenda. The was the article reads, they knew why she was there too.

What happened to that "Like" button.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But people are such liars that it's hard to tell what really did happen. Maybe this woman barreled into the school, started screaming at people, made a nuisance of herself, then totally made up this story. Crazies can and will talk to the reporters, but schools and other officials usually remain silent pending investigation - nobody is going to sue the crazy, but if a principal or teacher says something they can/will absolutely get sued. That's why we always hear the crazy's side and get all outraged before knowing the whole/real story.

pebbles

But people are such liars that it's hard to tell what really did happen. Maybe this woman barreled into the school, started screaming at people, made a nuisance of herself, then totally made up this story. Crazies can and will talk to the reporters, but schools and other officials usually remain silent pending investigation - nobody is going to sue the crazy, but if a principal or teacher says something they can/will absolutely get sued. That's why we always hear the crazy's side and get all outraged before knowing the whole/real story.

Agreed, that's why I said the way the article reads.....now IF she did come in there like a raging lunatic, MAYBE the police did need to come but just "forgetting" to sign in, a little extreme.