Give Alaska back to Russia?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia

Moscow’s annexation of Crimea was condemned worldwide, but some people in Alaska apparently are yearning for the days when they, too, were part of Mother Russia.

A petition on the White House website created by “S.V.” of Anchorage is calling on Alaskans and others to "vote" for Alaska to secede from the U.S. and become a part of Russia.

In less than a week, the petition, titled “Alaska Back to Russia,” has garnered nearly 30,000 signatures, though it's unclear where they are from.

“Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia,” the petition says.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...te-house-petition-to-return-alaska-to-russia/

This is interesting.

GregV814

we dont have to give it back...Putin will invade, hold an election and Obama will write another stern letter condeming it and then fly off to Pebble Beach for "18"...

Hijinx

we dont have to give it back...Putin will invade, hold an election and Obama will write another stern letter condeming it and then fly off to Pebble Beach for "18"...

We could always find those who signed the petition and deport them to Russia.
Obviously they are not very good Americans.
Tammy jo will soon be here to say that's stupid LMAO.

tommyjo

We could always find those who signed the petition and deport them to Russia.
Obviously they are not very good Americans.
Tammy jo will soon be here to say that's stupid LMAO.

How about we just go with the standard response to your postings? YOU are a moron.

After this post where you advocate searching out and deporting people who utilize their 1st amendment rights regarding this petition, your next post in another thread will decry govt intrusion in private lives!

In the same post where you advocate searching out the people who signed the petition and deporting them...you claim THE ONES WHO SIGNED THE PETITION are not good Americans!! When, in reality, YOU, are the one who is projecting ignorance and un-American thought processes! (but that is really nothing new is it, "Mr Informed Voter")

I know this is a hopeless comment...but 30,000 signatures is irrelevant in a country of over 300,000,000 people. I know...I know...you can't understand numbers past what you can count on your fingers and toes.

I am sure 30,000 Americans would sing a petition giving Alaska away to any foreign power in the hopes that doing so would rid the country of Sara Palin.

Here is the list of petitions (I know...Fox probably didn't tell you where to go to look over these...and since you weren't TOLD what to do by Fox you certainly wouldn't take the initiative on your own..."Mr. Informed Voter")

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

You think the 103,000 people who signed the petition to grant unlimited access to America by Ukrainians are good Americans?

How about the 37,000 who signed to forgive all student loans?

The 5400 who want to end Daylight Savings Time? (actually there are at least 3 such petitions totaling closer to 9,000 signatures...do they fit your definition of "Good Americans"?)

What about the 3300 people who want all single stall bathroom to be reclassified as unisex?? Are they "Good Americans"????

Hijinx

How about we just go with the standard response to your postings? YOU are a moron.

After this post where you advocate searching out and deporting people who utilize their 1st amendment rights regarding this petition, your next post in another thread will decry govt intrusion in private lives!

In the same post where you advocate searching out the people who signed the petition and deporting them...you claim THE ONES WHO SIGNED THE PETITION are not good Americans!! When, in reality, YOU, are the one who is projecting ignorance and un-American thought processes! (but that is really nothing new is it, "Mr Informed Voter")

I know this is a hopeless comment...but 30,000 signatures is irrelevant in a country of over 300,000,000 people. I know...I know...you can't understand numbers past what you can count on your fingers and toes.

I am sure 30,000 Americans would sing a petition giving Alaska away to any foreign power in the hopes that doing so would rid the country of Sara Palin.

Here is the list of petitions (I know...Fox probably didn't tell you where to go to look over these...and since you weren't TOLD what to do by Fox you certainly wouldn't take the initiative on your own..."Mr. Informed Voter")

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

You think the 103,000 people who signed the petition to grant unlimited access to America by Ukrainians are good Americans?

How about the 37,000 who signed to forgive all student loans?

The 5400 who want to end Daylight Savings Time? (actually there are at least 3 such petitions totaling closer to 9,000 signatures...do they fit your definition of "Good Americans"?)

What about the 3300 people who want all single stall bathroom to be reclassified as unisex?? Are they "Good Americans"????

Hiya Tammy, sucked you right in didn't I? You are too easy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia

You said 'give back' and that brings up an interesting question; Is Alaska 'ours' to give or are they free to do as they see fit with THEIR state?

The way the US is going, places like Garret County are more and more and more removed from Baltimore and Annapolis than, perhaps, they have ever been. Northern California has spoken of succession from the state for decades. Upstate New York talks about it.

So, what is 'ours' and what is not? Should the coming return of a GOP super majority look at things like adding states, the state of NoCal, say, or a collection of Western Maryland and some Western PA counties, to become a new state, with the idea of adding more GOP senators and reps to DC?

I mean, same thing in Red states. Should Austin succeed from Tejas and become a protectorate of San Francisco? Should NOVA become part of Maryland?

Things change. The US has, dramatically, changed. Maybe we are in need of some restructuring?

somdwatch

You said 'give back' and that brings up an interesting question; Is Alaska 'ours' to give or are they free to do as they see fit with THEIR state?

The way the US is going, places like Garret County are more and more and more removed from Baltimore and Annapolis than, perhaps, they have ever been. Northern California has spoken of succession from the state for decades. Upstate New York talks about it.

So, what is 'ours' and what is not? Should the coming return of a GOP super majority look at things like adding states, the state of NoCal, say, or a collection of Western Maryland and some Western PA counties, to become a new state, with the idea of adding more GOP senators and reps to DC?

I mean, same thing in Red states. Should Austin succeed from Tejas and become a protectorate of San Francisco? Should NOVA become part of Maryland?

Things change. The US has, dramatically, changed. Maybe we are in need of some restructuring?

An Excellent Point Larry! When the GOP does retake both legislative branches they should ANNEX Montgomery, PG and Baltimore Counties as part of DC. That would be Awesome! MD would become a GOP state!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Why give it back? Russia offered in 1867 to sell Alaska to the US for $7.2 million, a price they deemed fair to simply keep Alaska out of the hands of the British.

Let's sell it back to Russia for the current fair market price, based on the current estimated values of the coal, gas, oil, timber, fisheries, hunting, tourism, precious metals, intangibles - and don't forget the most important aspect of real estate - LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Me thinks Russia would come up a bit short of cash. But the big o could come up with some kind of financing, I would guess.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why give it back? Russia offered in 1867 to sell Alaska to the US for $7.2 million, a price they deemed fair to simply keep Alaska out of the hands of the British.

Let's sell it back to Russia for the current fair market price, based on the current estimated values of the coal, gas, oil, timber, fisheries, hunting, tourism, precious metals, intangibles - and don't forget the most important aspect of real estate - LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Me thinks Russia would come up a bit short of cash. But the big o could come up with some kind of financing, I would guess.

So, you see it as the left does, it is ours. It does not belong to Alaskans?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
So, you see it as the left does, it is ours. It does not belong to Alaskans?

No, I see it as history shows it. The left believes that everything belongs to THEM, and they can divvy it up as they see fit.

Who are you calling "Alaskans"? Anyone who lives there, or the Inuits, believed to be the first occupiers?

You would call this petition to be a states rights issue? Or just the farce it is?

I'm all for states rights, as long as we are ready to revolt again, because that is what is going to take.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, I see it as history shows it. The left believes that everything belongs to THEM, and they can divvy it up as they see fit.

Who are you calling "Alaskans"? Anyone who lives there, or the Inuits, believed to be the first occupiers?

You would call this petition to be a states rights issue? Or just the farce it is?

I'm all for states rights, as long as we are ready to revolt again, because that is what is going to take.

The left seems to believe everything belongs to them in context of 'them' being the federal gummint. The banks, healthcare, land, hell, people. Only through seeing the people as dependents can you make sense of most progressive social and economic policy.

As for me, we are the United States. States, independent entities, united for some basic common purposes. So, secession, to me, I have always seen that as a states right to do so. It must be so to match any idea of freedom and liberty. Slavery would have died, peacefully, had the US split in 1861. And, we'd either be two very friendly nations or have come back together as slavery faded. But, that's another conversation.

Alaska would be crazy rich if they were free to do as they saw fit. That's a consideration.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The left seems to believe everything belongs to them in context of 'them' being the federal gummint. The banks, healthcare, land, hell, people. Only through seeing the people as dependents can you make sense of most progressive social and economic policy.

As for me, we are the United States. States, independent entities, united for some basic common purposes. So, secession, to me, I have always seen that as a states right to do so. It must be so to match any idea of freedom and liberty. Slavery would have died, peacefully, had the US split in 1861. And, we'd either be two very friendly nations or have come back together as slavery faded. But, that's another conversation.

Alaska would be crazy rich if they were free to do as they saw fit. That's a consideration.

Just Alaska would be crazy rich? How about if the feds just let everybody do as they see fit, and those that don't do get nothing. Imagine Texas regulating their own economy, or any oil field state, or any state. That would be freedom and liberty, with appropriate homage sent to the federal coffers for defense, unified judicial system, international relations, and roads.

Oh, wait a minute - that sounds strangely like how the Constitution separated the states' and federal powers up.