Over 7 million signd up for Obamacar.,

officeguy

When they sold this pile of manure, they told us that there are '30 million uninsured' and now they are proud that they reached 7 (but they can't tell us how many of those had insurance before and how many others lost their coverage due to the new law). Sounds like a raging success.

Chris0nllyn

How many people actually signed up? And by that I mean people who have paid their first month's premiums. In California, 15% of sign-ups haven't paid.. In Wisconsin and Georgia, it’s closer to 20%. In Nevada and Vermont, it’s more than 30%.

How many that signed up are the in the targeted age range of 18-34? Remember after the disasterous rollout, the White House said they weren't really worried about the number of people, but of the demographic. Remember these young people are needed to balance out premiums for the older folks.

Are the young people that did sign up, healthy? Premium pricing can vary widely if this isn't the case.

Same questions above for the State-Run markets. By the middle of March, 13 states had exceeded initial enrollment projections. But another 12 states were at less than half their projected sign-ups, and 24 were at less than two-thirds of sign-up expectations. Obamacare can vary widely based on the state you live in.

How many of the people enrolled under the law were previously uninsured? And how many of them were previously among the long-term uninsured? Surveys and word from insurance industry insiders suggest that anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of enrollments were previously uninsured, meaning it’s possible that the majority of enrollments are for people who were already covered before the law’s insurance expansion took effect.

Biggest question of all....What will premiums look like next year?

RPMDAD

officeguy, i am also curious about how many of the uninsured signed up also. I wonder out of the 7 million that did sign up previously had insurance in place before obama took it away from them after his if you like your insurance you can keep it lie.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'll wait for some hard, vetted, and confirmed numbers before believing the liar in chief.

mamatutu

mama to two
When they sold this pile of manure, they told us that there are '30 million uninsured' and now they are proud that they reached 7 (but they can't tell us how many of those had insurance before and how many others lost their coverage due to the new law). Sounds like a raging success.

'They' have, absolutely, no idea themselves. They just throw crap out there that 'they' think will appease Americans about this disaster. I think of Obamacare as a piece of a jigsaw puzzle that got put in the wrong box; as in Obamacare does not fit into the American puzzle and 'they' are forcing it to fit to fit 'their' agenda. It is so obvious how bad this law is. Period.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think it's awesome that on the very day of the deadline they happen to reach their magic number; magically.

tommyjo

Yes isn't amazing...simply amazing...and completely unbelievable that any Americans would wait till the last possible moment to do anything!

This would be why the shopping malls are all closed on Dec 24th...because by then everyone has done their shopping!

Since everyone does their taxes well before the April 15th deadline, not a single post office in the country has to stay open late!

All red roses are sold by Feb 13th!

And everyone, everyone has plenty of toilet paper, milk and other essentials already on hand WELL BEFORE the snow storm!

And on top of this, the most crucial point is that YOUNG people are the MOST responsible and take care of their needs soonest!!

BTW...if you all understood anything, you would know that the uninsured were not required to buy insurance thru the exchanges. So your idiotic comments about 7 million purchases via the exchanges leaving 23 million uninsured show, as usual, just how uninformed you all are.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Yes isn't amazing...simply amazing...and completely unbelievable that any Americans would wait till the last possible moment to do anything!

And on top of this, the most crucial point is that YOUNG people are the MOST responsible and take care of their needs soonest!!

BTW...if you all understood anything, you would know that the uninsured were not required to buy insurance thru the exchanges. So your idiotic comments about 7 million purchases via the exchanges leaving 23 million uninsured show, as usual, just how uninformed you all are.

Yes humans procrastinate, young people do it, old people, everyone. People also wait until the last moment when it involves handing over money for something they should not be forced into.

However several things do not add up. For months the website would crash with even small amounts of traffic. The website was down several times this week due to "maintenance" and then "high traffic". For a website that could barely handle 50k requests per day I find it odd that they had been able to accrue 1 million new sign ups (read that as sign ups) in less than a week.

Now on to some more magic, how many of the people who have "signed up" for obamacare have actually paid for their premiums? From what I have been reading the numbers are not very close to that 7.1mil. Now how many are people who just signed up for the website? Knowing Obama and this joke of an administration I would not put it past them to put up number of people who have just joined the website. Hell maybe they are using 7.1 million visitors.

The ACA is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. Obama, his followers, the democratic majority that shoved this down our throats and even you are blind. The bill did little to nothing to help people afford health insurance, all it did was guarantee democratic campaign contributions from the health insurance industry for the next 50 years. I suggest you look at what an actual working universal health care system looks like, because this is not it.

How many of the supposed 7 million are illegal aliens? You know, that group of people that Obama said would NOT be able to sign up? Only legal resident aliens and american citizens were eligible according to Obama. Yet some of the biggest signup events were held at Mexican consulates around the country where the people signing up were NOT checked for legal status.

PsyOps

Pixelated
how many of the supposed 7 million are illegal aliens? You know, that group of people that obama said would not be able to sign up? Only legal resident aliens and american citizens were eligible according to obama. Yet some of the biggest signup events were held at mexican consulates around the country where the people signing up were not checked for legal status.

You lie!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

So tell us, sweet cheeks....how many of those elusive 30 million do now have health insurance?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So we start off with 30 million uninsured.
Then Obama cancels the insurance of another 5 million people because middle aged and elderly people didn't have birthing services.
So somehow getting 7 million people signed up for an inferior product is a success