Renaissance Festival...... anyone going??

tater

Yes..... I did have to do a search for "Maryland festivals" to figure out how in the hell to spell it. ANyhow, I was wondering who all has been and if you had fun? I wanna go, I went one year and the scenery was great :biggrin: and ya gotta love the big-a_s turkey legs.

tater

Originally posted by Kyle
Let me know if they have a Biergarten
:cheers:

Doesn't matter...... they have lots of women in chain mail armor and the knockers all smooshed together like puppies in a blanket :wink: (just a tip for the single guys of course)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tater
they have lots of women in chain mail armor and the knockers all smooshed together like puppies in a blanket
:lmao: Never heard them referred to them like that before. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Doesn't matter...... they have lots of women in chain mail armor and the knockers all smooshed together like puppies in a blanket :wink: (just a tip for the single guys of course)
I went a few years ago. One of the "Wenches" had a brass bra and bottoms. :biggrin:

But I'd need some liquid refreshment as well.:cheers:

FIREMAN

WHAT!?!?!? This sounds like my kind of place! Can't believe that I have never been there.

PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES

Last edited:

tater

Originally posted by FIREMAN

WHAT!?!?!? This sounds like my kind of place! Can't believe that I have never been there.

PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES PUPPIES

Yeah, I went several years ago, it's up in Crownsville (near Annapolis Mall). I guess it's through September and October. They have jousting too. :dead: :dude:

J

justhangn

Yeah, I went several years ago, it's up in Crownsville (near Annapolis Mall). I guess it's through September and October. They have jousting too. :dead: :dude:

That they do, I actually got to see one of the knights get removed from his saddle a few years ago. :getdown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And
sword2.gif

tater

Originally posted by Barbra
I took my husband to the Ren Faire in Crownsville last year. For those of you that've been there, you'll recall that the women @ the ticket windows are in full Ren costume. To quote tater, their knockers are all smooshed together like puppies in a blanket. Some of their ta-tas (thanx for that word, Sum :biggrin:) are hanging out so much that they're about a quarter of an inch from showin' nipples. :really: :lol: My husband was muttering about boobies under his breath the whole time we're buying tickets.
drool3.gif
I asked if he wanted me to go back out to the truck to get the roll of paper towels to clean up his drool (or other bodily fluids). :rolleyes:

I would like to go again this year sans husband, so let me know if a group thing is planned.
bounceflash.gif

Sounds like fun to me...... the going as a group thing...NOT the cleaning up bodily fluids thing :lmao:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I think I could be persuaded to go - ok, I can go - but -- can I bring my OWN paper towels?

watercolor

yeah yeah
I WANNT GO. I WANNA GO! I will wear my costume. :wink:

we can go if we go on a sunday. Hopefully everyone will approve of that. If not we will just miss out.

We can fit 2 people. :smile:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Barbra
So - who has what in the way of a vehicle and who's driven to the Crownsville Ren Faire before? I've got an Escape (seats 5 comfortably and two more can hang out in the back like my pups :biggrin:) and I've driven to the Ren Faire before. It's just getting home from the Ren Faire is where I generally get really screwed up and lost. :rolleyes:

It's easy. Rte 2/4 to 450 --- 450 West to Crownsville. Turn right.
Same thing on the way back.

John Z

if you will
Just to answer the :cheers: question:

Yes, plenty of beer and hard cider available at the Renaissance Festival. I don't go much anymore; all I did was pay the $16 to get in and then proceed to eat and drink all day long. Somewhat expensive in my mind. Still a fun time! :biggrin:

And the turkey leg wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The one I got was pretty chewy. Steak on a stick is good, and the giant pickle wasn't bad (hey, get your mind out of the gutter, I don't swing that way!).

Also, it is interesting to see those in attendance who don't work there, but still dress up in Renaissance-ish costumes. Gives me the impression that some people might attend lots of these festivals around the region.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by John Z
...Also, it is interesting to see those in attendance who don't work there, but still dress up in Renaissance-ish costumes. Gives me the impression that some people might attend lots of these festivals around the region.
Or Star Trek conventions in the off-season! :lmao:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by watercolor23
Ok...so now that all the commentary is done!!!!

When are we going....

hmmmmmm, I guess as soon as we can wench ourselves away from the computer, cover ourselves with shight, so we won't be confused with the king and make the merry journey north.

watercolor

yeah yeah
well man....let the truth be told. :lol:

well someone needs to tell me something so I can get ample time to tell my bosses I wanna use a vacation day for a saturday. Since no one likes the idea of going on sunday!