Cummings and his IRS scandal connection

PsyOps

Pixelated
Remember this?

[video=youtube;G1UeaNo1rgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1UeaNo1rgA[/video]

Now there’s this:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...edium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingNewsCarousel

New IRS emails released by the House Oversight Committee show staff working for Democratic Ranking Member Elijah Cummings communicated with the IRS multiple times between 2012 and 2013 about voter fraud prevention group True the Vote. True the Vote was targeted by the IRS after applying for tax exempt status more than two years ago. Further, information shows the IRS and Cummings' staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, indicating coordination and improper sharing of confidential taxpayer information.

Seems Cummings is nervous and his defensiveness is, perhaps, a diversion from his personal involvement in the scandal.

Now congress is talking about holding Lerner in contempt :bigwhoop: We see through Holder what that means. Congress may even have her arrested under some obscure rule called ‘the inherent contempt authority’. Is this just a bunch of saber rattling by congress? I'm just not sure how serious we should take this congress.

PsyOps

Pixelated
line the lot up against a wall

I’m just wondering when voters are going to wake up to this nonsense. It’s far more simple than lining them up against the wall or threatening criminal proceeding (which may be required in this case). Vote them out. Put them all on the unemployment line. ALL OF THEM. Clean house. It’s funny how congress’ approval ratings have been so abysmal for so long yet voters keep voting them back in.

Hijinx

I’m just wondering when voters are going to wake up to this nonsense. It’s far more simple than lining them up against the wall or threatening criminal proceeding (which may be required in this case). Vote them out. Put them all on the unemployment line. ALL OF THEM. Clean house. It’s funny how congress’ approval ratings have been so abysmal for so long yet voters keep voting them back in.

Amen

SamSpade

Put them all on the unemployment line. ALL OF THEM. Clean house. It’s funny how congress’ approval ratings have been so abysmal for so long yet voters keep voting them back in.

There's a really cool scene in the first episode of Dr Who when Matt Smith comes on. After saving the Earth from destruction, he contacts the aliens he just got to leave to come BACK.
One of the other characters says something like "did you just really make them come back after making them go away?". The Doctor answers "making them go away is good -- never
coming BACK
is better".

The reason why just voting them out isn't good enough is the same reason you have jail for criminals - it makes them reconsider doing it again. If politicians get the idea that corruption is just the way business is done
when they go to Washington, there's zero chance that the next guy will always refrain from doing it too. You MUST keep their feet to the fire even when they're in office, and thump their asses when they get out of line -
or we will always have more of the same, and it will always get worse.

Rommey

It’s funny how congress’ approval ratings have been so abysmal for so long yet voters keep voting them back in.
It's the "Congress-sucks-but-my-guy-is-OK" syndrome.
Face it, there are not many swing districts (something like 7-8%) where the incumbent has a real possibility of losing. The other ~400 districts are generally safe for the incumbent. There might be a few more or less safe districts depending how the new districts were drawn, but unless there is an incumbent that totally screws the pooch leading up to the election, the seat is safe. Even still, there are a lot of districts were the incumbent could totally screw up and it wouldn't hurt their chances of getting reelected. Think about how bad Steny would have to #### up in order for the voters in this district to vote him out...I just don't see that happening.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

The only way to bring Cummings to justice would be for it to be proven he not only shot Martin Luther King, Jr, but that he pissed on the Emancipation Proclamation because he's really a dark-skinned Dixiecrat.

Hijinx

It's the "Congress-sucks-but-my-guy-is-OK" syndrome.
Face it, there are not many swing districts (something like 7-8%) where the incumbent has a real possibility of losing. The other ~400 districts are generally safe for the incumbent. There might be a few more or less safe districts depending how the new districts were drawn, but unless there is an incumbent that totally screws the pooch leading up to the election, the seat is safe. Even still, there are a lot of districts were the incumbent could totally screw up and it wouldn't hurt their chances of getting reelected. Think about how bad Steny would have to #### up in order for the voters in this district to vote him out...I just don't see that happening.

The longer incumbents stay in Congress, the more pork they can deliver. The more pork they deliver the longer they stay there.

Hence Steny Hoyer and a lifelong career sucking on the Government teat.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There's a really cool scene in the first episode of Dr Who when Matt Smith comes on. After saving the Earth from destruction, he contacts the aliens he just got to leave to come BACK.
One of the other characters says something like "did you just really make them come back after making them go away?". The Doctor answers "making them go away is good -- never
coming BACK
is better".

The reason why just voting them out isn't good enough is the same reason you have jail for criminals - it makes them reconsider doing it again. If politicians get the idea that corruption is just the way business is done
when they go to Washington, there's zero chance that the next guy will always refrain from doing it too. You MUST keep their feet to the fire even when they're in office, and thump their asses when they get out of line -
or we will always have more of the same, and it will always get worse.

We make things so complicated. This is pretty simple… My rep isn’t working for me, I’m voting for someone else.

You’re making the case that insanity isn’t just doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, but it’s also trying to change something even though you know that change may result in the same thing. There is no keeping people like Cummings’ feet to the fire. People like him are so deeply entrenched in their corruption that they no longer hear the demands of the people. Voting them out not only gets them out, but sends a message to the rest of our government that we’re not going to tolerate it anymore. When you keep voting them in, you’re just telling every single one of them that we approve of the corruption; then, rather than stand in front of their people and do their bidding, they all just line up at the candy store.

This is what really hits it for me… Watching the Holder hearings what did we see?

“You don’t want to go there BUDDY!” as Holder leans back in his chair with contempt.

Then you have two men operating on testosterone rather than a sense of who it is they are actually hired for – WE THE PEOPLE! They hold such contempt for each other and us that they’ve forgotten who it is they serve. This is the real corruption in our government – contempt for the American people; the ones these heathens are hired to serve. And, rather than getting these people out of there, we just keep taking it. It’s our fault.