Cat fur.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Well one of my cats got into those stupid bushes that have tagalongs and now he has three really big clumps of fur and they are right down to the skin so I'm scared to cut them out. Any suggestions?

mamatutu

mama to two
Well one of my cats got into those stupid bushes that have tagalongs and now he has three really big clumps of fur and they are right down to the skin so I'm scared to cut them out. Any suggestions?

Hey, jess. I don't let my cats outside, but I think you can cut those places out, and put a Neosporin type ointment on the places on the skin. Should be fine. But, I am sure tomorrow ICIT, or Ark, or someone more knowledgeable will tell you exactly what to do. I love that you love your kitties because I love mine, too.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am no expert but I cut them out and have 3, none of which have been hurt by my actions. :shrug: My middle one is long haired and comes in with all kinds of stuff stuck in her nappy fur.

All of my cats go in and out as they please. I have tried to keep them in the house but they aren't happy being house cats. All of my cats were found outside, 1 came to us feral, the other snatched from a feral mom as a kitten and 1 found on a call by a sheriff's deputy in the woods. They love being outside and we have the property for them to roam and now, a pond that keeps them busy. My neighbors have no issues with my outdoor cats because they kill the rodents. It is a choice, we understand the risk but choose to do so anyway.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My female used to get them, if they were to close to the skin to cut, I would hold it and roll it back and forth to kind of tug it away from the skin, after a few minutes it would be far enough away that I could cut it without cutting her.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
My female used to get them, if they were to close to the skin to cut, I would hold it and roll it back and forth to kind of tug it away from the skin, after a few minutes it would be far enough away that I could cut it without cutting her.

Yeah it's Deff to close to the skin I took a flashlight and shined it through on one side to see where the skin was lol

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

I was thinking along the same lines with a dab of oil (olive or veg) at base to loosen? In the past I've had cats but only indoor ones. So I never faced this problem. Had a poodle once who would get matted at times in certain areas after being out. I would use the oil at base and a comb to ease clump out.

:coffee:

Roman

What about using the detangler spray that's made for children? That might do the trick, and less messy than the oil.