Elementary school cancels ymca talent show act

Bay_Kat

Tropical
AFTER PARENT CALLS IT RACIST

It’s fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A. At least, it used to be.

When one Fargo, N.D., mother complained that a planned first-grade talent show act showcasing the famed song was offensive and racist, administrators yanked the schoolchildren’s skit from the line-up, the Fargo-Moorhead Inforum reports.

The students were supposed to be performing the song “Y.M.C.A.” during Bennett Elementary School’s May talent show.

For the show, a first-grade teacher asked parents to have their kids wear clothes like the Village People, the group that recorded the hit song in the 1970s. Some would come dressed as a policeman, a cowboy, a biker dude, a construction worker or a Native American.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/17455/

Are you kidding me? Can't these parents find something more important to worry about?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
[When one Fargo, N.D., mother complained that a planned first-grade talent show act showcasing the famed song was offensive and racist, administrators yanked the schoolchildren’s skit from the line-up, the Fargo-Moorhead Inforum reports.

It's North Dakota. How many Native Americans do you suppose would have been represented in that bunch of kids? How many look like Native Americans on school days that DON'T have a talent show? If I'm not mistaken, there was an African-American LEO in the Village People. If there were fewer A_A than N_A kids represented, the A_A parents would have really been on the warpath.

EdIt; CRIPES! There were TWICE as many A_A as N_A represented. Don't think that would happen in North Dakota. BTW: This racist link has been removed. Try this one. http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2014/05/ymca-act-too-racist-for-fargo-first-graders/

Attachments

• Boo Hoo Hoo.jpg
    Boo Hoo Hoo.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 69
  • village.jpg
    village.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

officeguy

This was not the parent of a native kid complaining. This was a white (liberal) parent who thinks that any depiction of someone based on their ethnic heritage is racist. Pretty sure that mom doesn't have a job.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The offended mother specifically objected to her daughter being dressed like a Native American. So, like any good liberal community, the school pulled the entire act rather than telling the offended mother that her daughter had five other options to choose from. Why, she could have come in her Disney Princess dress and said she was NHBoy.

GregV814

wait, wait werent the Village People all gay men? they would never be "offended" if it was put on by LGbiT kids....

officeguy

I'm curious how you found out that the parent was a liberal - I didn't see that anywhere

Easy enough, had she been conservative, she would have been livid about her kid being exposed to the 'gay agenda' at such a young age, not the cowboys and indians aspect.
Here is news, the guy in the village people wearing the cop uniform was not actually a cop....

No offense, but are you married? Do you have children?

Yes to both.

I'm pretty certain all moms (and dads) have a job whether they leave the house or not.

Well, I have a job that is interrupted by periods of being a stay at home dad. No, being a stay at home parent is not a 'job', if my cupcakes dont come out of the tin without crumbling, nobody gets hurt or fired. If I show up at the wrong field for soccer practice, nobody gets hurt. The reason I said that this lady must be a stay at home mom (iow doesn't have a job) is that a working parent is happy if they MAKE it to the school play (bonus points if they know what the theme of the show is). The people who get bent out of shape over petty crap like that do so because they have nothing else to do.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The offended mother specifically objected to her daughter being dressed like a Native American. So, like any good liberal community, the school pulled the entire act rather than telling the offended mother that her daughter had five other options to choose from. Why, she could have come in her Disney Princess dress and said she was NHBoy.[/QUOTE

]That liberal mom would probably call anybody that puts salt on their food racist, anybody that says "like white on rice" racist, anyone that says "blackjack" racist......

No different than most all liberals/progressives.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The reason I said that this lady must be a stay at home mom (iow doesn't have a job) is that a working parent is happy if they MAKE it to the school play (bonus points if they know what the theme of the show is). The people who get bent out of shape over petty crap like that do so because they have nothing else to do.

my wife IS a Stay at home mom, and would think this is a waste of time ....