Help needed. Need 3 very young chicks

Popster

My wife has hatched chicks in her classroom for the last 20 years. This year we think there may have been a problem with the incubator and so far only one chick hatched. It is malformed.

We would like to get 3 young (1-2-3 days old) chicks to put in the incubator/pen so that the 1st. graders could monitor them.

Any leads would be appreciated.

red_explorer

My wife has hatched chicks in her classroom for the last 20 years. This year we think there may have been a problem with the incubator and so far only one chick hatched. It is malformed.

We would like to get 3 young (1-2-3 days old) chicks to put in the incubator/pen so that the 1st. graders could monitor them.

Check at Chicken Scratch....

sm8

We have been looking for about a week and had no luck. All of the Amish that have signs out for chickens only have eating chickens. I guess it would not hurt to stop by and ask if they have babies available for sale since it would not really matter if they lay or not.

bilbur

My parents neighbor ordered his baby ducks and chickens online and they were shipped in an overnight box with holes in it. I don't know the company he used but if I see him I can ask.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I know someone who may have some, and if they have any I will pass their contact info. over to you. I'll let you know.

MarylandGeorge

Hi, This is George from The Chicken Scratch. We've got three (or four) bantam chicks in our store right now. We've also got several rabbits available. We're in Park Hall right next to the Green Door and we're open from Wednesday - Sunday from 9-6 (5 on sunday). We've got everything you need for chickens...plus we've got non-GMO chick feed. We also carry organic chick starter and organic chicken feed.

While I'm here - we also carry your lawn and garden needs, mulches, fertilizers, we have annuals, perennials, vegetable plants, we have a wonderful gift shop, we sell all of the livestock feeds, we have dog and cat food and supplies so come on down and say hi.

George

Popster

Thank you so much for the reply. We visited your store last week to get the starter feed. I think those chicks are too big for our purpose. I was happy that we we able to get out of your store without taking any rabbits home. That brown bunny is as friendly and loveable as can be.

As a heads up to forum members: Do visit this store. We were impressed with the set up, quality of the gift items, garden stock, and the customer service.

Hi, This is George from The Chicken Scratch. We've got three (or four) bantam chicks in our store right now. We've also got several rabbits available. We're in Park Hall right next to the Green Door and we're open from Wednesday - Sunday from 9-6 (5 on sunday). We've got everything you need for chickens...plus we've got non-GMO chick feed. We also carry organic chick starter and organic chicken feed.

While I'm here - we also carry your lawn and garden needs, mulches, fertilizers, we have annuals, perennials, vegetable plants, we have a wonderful gift shop, we sell all of the livestock feeds, we have dog and cat food and supplies so come on down and say hi.

George

BOP

When I saw the title to the thread, I thought, "Damn, what a stud! I can barely handle one old broad; three young chicks would likely be the death of me!"

Popster

Thanks to all who responded. I spent a couple of great hours driving from farm to farm around Loveville and finally located the chicks. BOP, they had hundreds, but not to worry, I left some there for you :whistle: