Talk about a nasty Letter to the Editor...

M

Momma

My world vision was shattered today when I read a Letter to the Editor in the County times titled "The Real Three-Ring Circus" by Mr. John Gorlitz of Hollywood, Md.

Since I don't want to further incite Mr. Gorlitz by posting his full letter here w/o his permission, I will post excerpts and then state my opinion which makes it all nice and legal given the Fair Use statutes of the US Copyright laws.

If you want to the read the letter yourself, trip on over to the paper http://issuu.com/somdcom/docs/2014-05-22 and flip ahead to page 16. First, you'll notice that its very long; next that it is one big paragraph (Perhaps the paper removed the indents due to space issues).

The Nutshell View. Seems John is angry with 2 of the Republicans on the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) ---which he refers to as the Board of County Clowns---who are taking issue with the school district's $SIX MILLION DOLLAR SHORTFALL. He is also upset with a citizen.

the School Board and Superintendent have aggressively taken responsibility for their budgeting problems left behind from their former Chief Financial Officer and they have made great progress in remedying their issues.

This will probably tell us a lot about what is going on in John's mind. Seems that the problems are all the fault of the former CFO and everyone else is acting like a trooper cleaning up the mess. RED ALERT: blaming one person who is no longer around and letting those above the alleged perpetrator of the villainy off scott-free. Aren't the guys at the top responsible for what goes on under them?

Anyway, John proceeds to engage in ad hominem attacks against Cindy Jones:

Cindy, who has a publicly documented history of emotional concerns and notably known for throwing her own child under the bus for misinterpreting her emotional breakdown in 2011 and then blaming her meltdown on the teachers, can be seen in ring number one where she will be irresponsibly throwing out terms such as "malfeasance and mismanagement" before the facts were even known.

I guess the circumstances regarding Ms. Jones' suicide attempt are well-documented, but really John, how is this germane to what ever your point is? Someone who is desperate enough to attempt suicide is obviously in a bad place in their life...and you want to exploit it in a publicly signed letter, years after the fact, for reasons I have yet to determine from your letter.

Next, John moves his attention to one David Ryan. I have no idea who Ryan is, but apparently he wrote some public letters and spoke at public meetings regarding this fiscal disaster at the schools and John does not like him or what he has to say one bit, no siree. John claims that David was "spewing angry venom from his tiny, marginalized, evil, angry mouth." Ouch!

John makes some interesting observations about David:

I know people who know David Ryan and they tell me that he is an angry old man who lives alone and watches Fox News all day long. He seems to be angry at the world and this is evidenced in his non-coherent written ramblings that are poorly composed and reflective of writings a high school drop out.

Interesting, the first sentence is what they call hearsay in the legal business. Won't stand up in court...unless you're on the receiving end and the hearsayer puts it in writing in a public letter. Watch yourself John, David might have good reason to sue you for libel on this one...too bad his financial damages are likely to be small.

John also reveals something about himself when chastising poor David:

I am a former English teacher

Hmmmm, that puts a lot of what you have written into perspective. Did you really write this letter as one big paragraph or did the paper reformat it? Just curious.

Finally, John moves on to assail his final clown, Todd Morgan:

We will get a up close look at his highly developed bullying skills where he will use his 6 foot 5 inch frame to intimidate and bully as he not knowingly grabs his crotch, moves spastically around the center ring, spews curse words from his mouth and bullies you with his poison while wearing his elephant embroidered pants. At the close of his performance, maybe we can see who actually drives him home after his long night of cursing, intimidating and bullying!

Say what now? "not knowingly grabs his crotch...while wearing his elephant embroidered pants"

You know, this reminds me of a story I heard the G-Man, G. Gordon Liddy tell on the radio. Apparently in the 1980's, as he was aging, his testicles continued to grow to the point where he said it became physically uncomfortable and resulted in a visible bulge in his trousers which led some people to believe he was aroused. Liddy said that he then went to a urologist and ultimately had a testicle reduction operation. True story! I kid you not! look it up. (Man, I hope that doesn't happen to me.)

Well, that story has nothing to do with the aforementioned attack against Morgan...but really John, you're so angry and devoid of intellectual acuity that you write something like this about a man instead of debating whatever it is that Morgan did/said to so offend you?

Ah, Morgan's a big boy. He can take care of himself.

John goes on to further verbally assault his three clowns and finally (thank you) ends with this:

These three circus clowns have embarrassed us and they all need to simply go away. Great leaders work to find solutions and build community, not tear it down. None of them have extorted ways to help the School Board solve the problems and they continue to disrupt our community.

Then he closes:

Sick of Imported Circus Clowns Infiltrating the Good and Decent People of St. Mary's County.

Well John, I'm afraid this letter demonstrates to me that you do not qualify for the "Good and Decent" part.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The CFO does not decide where the money goes. BUT, it is sort of hinky that he 'retires' a cpouple of weeks before the shiat hits the fan.

FYI - The BOCC does not get a line item budget from the BoEd.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
To me, that was drivel from a raving liberal, full of personal attacks and very little substance.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Where does one get these "elephant embroidered pants"? Are they pants embroidered BY an elephant or pants with an elephant embroidered ON them? Either way....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where does one get these "elephant embroidered pants"? Are they pants embroidered BY an elephant or pants with an elephant embroidered ON them? Either way....

That question was the only thing I took away from that, too..

Well, that, and a question about what kind of English that azzhat supposedly taught.

None of them have extorted ways to help the School Board solve the problems and they continue to disrupt our community.

MarieB

This was telling

"I know people who know David Ryan and they tell me that he is an angry old man who lives alone and watches Fox News all day long"

Sounds like some posts by a few members here when they got nothing else