Maryland and David Hasselhoff?

C

czygvtwkr

According to this map these states Google these words the most. I guess MD has a lot of David Hasselhoff fans, don't hassle the Hoff.

o-ESTATELY-570.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
I saw this map the other day. Most of them are very odd. It is hard to believe this is true info. If it is, the scariest one is Oregon and Allah. And, the funniest one to me is Georgia and butt implants! :lol:

C

czygvtwkr

I don't know, I had no idea thumb wrestling was so popular in New Jersey.

I think some people may misunderstand what that graphic means, i.e. what they're claiming. It's not that the search term listed for a state is the most frequently searched term in that state. It's that the term listed for a state is searched more frequently in that state than in any of the other states.

Some (read: most) of those terms probably aren't anywhere near the top of the list of most frequently searched terms within the associated state. For instance, 'David Hasslehoff' might only account for 0.0000010% of the searches done in Maryland (or it could have been searched just 100 times or by 1 out every 600,000 residents, e.g., depending on how they're measuring often-ness). It's just that it accounts for a smaller percentage of the searches done in other states - maybe only 0.0000003% in other states. People in Maryland may have 20,000 other terms that they search more frequently than 'David Hasslehoff.' So, it isn't necessarily a really popular search term in Maryland, it's just more popular than in other states. This is a happenstance thing, they found a term for a given state that would be funny or entertaining or whatever and that happened to be searched (perhaps just a little bit) more in that state. They likely could have picked any of a number of terms for most states.

I don't find what the graphic is reporting unbelievable, it's just not saying what some might initially take it to be saying.

mamatutu

mama to two
I think some people may misunderstand what that graphic means, i.e. what they're claiming. It's not that the search term listed for a state is the most frequently searched term in that state. It's that the term listed for a state is searched more frequently in that state than in any of the other states.

Some (read: most) of those terms probably aren't anywhere near the top of the list of most frequently searched terms within the associated state. For instance, 'David Hasslehoff' might only account for 0.0000010% of the searches done in Maryland (or it could have been searched just 100 times or by 1 out every 600,000 residents, e.g., depending on how they're measuring often-ness). It's just that it accounts for a smaller percentage of the searches done in other states - maybe only 0.0000003% in other states. People in Maryland may have 20,000 other terms that they search more frequently than 'David Hasslehoff.' So, it isn't necessarily a really popular search term in Maryland, it's just more popular than in other states. This is a happenstance thing, they found a term for a given state that would be funny or entertaining or whatever and that happened to be searched (perhaps just a little bit) more in that state. They likely could have picked any of a number of terms for most states.

I don't find what the graphic is reporting unbelievable, it's just not saying what some might initially take it to be saying.

Thank you for saying it was funny and entertaining. Leave it to you for the total analysis. I love it! You are always my go to for the info breakdown. You make my brain hurt, and I am pretty smart! :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated

In other words, someone had WAY too much time on their hands.