Anyone else read this garbage?

sockgirl77

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who's her competition?

Honestly, if I had to sit in those Commissioner sessions I'd probably try to off myself, too. But I do have some concerns about Ms. Jones' stability and cannot give her any ringing endorsements.

sockgirl77

Who's her competition?

Honestly, if I had to sit in those Commissioner sessions I'd probably try to off myself, too. But I do have some concerns about Ms. Jones' stability and cannot give her any ringing endorsements.

Do you remember the threads about this when it happened? So many people said that it was not "our" business. Yes, it is. She has the power to vote on decisions that directly impact this county. She's voted down efforts to increase the SMCSO budget. That alone is enough for me to not give her my vote.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The BayNet's justifications for endorsing a few of the candidates seem to be a stretch. Just seems they're not very knowledgeable but had to make choice.

sockgirl77

The BayNet's justifications for endorsing a few of the candidates seem to be a stretch. Just seems they're not very knowledgeable but had to make choice.

They did not have to make a choice. They did not have to post that at all. They should be an unbiased media source.

awpitt

Main Streeter
They did not have to make a choice. They did not have to post that at all. They should be an unbiased media source.

It's nothing new for news outlets to make endorsements. I don't fault the BayNet for doing so. I just think they didn't research the candidates very well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

^This^

Washes Po and Times always endorse a candidate. David and I usually post an endorsement of our personal choices, but Somd.com as an entity has no opinion - mainly because David and I don't usually agree on political things.

BernieP

Resident PIA
^This^

Washes Po and Times always endorse a candidate. David and I usually post an endorsement of our personal choices, but Somd.com as an entity has no opinion - mainly because David and I don't usually agree on political things.

The Post endorses democrats, even if they are criminals.

As for Cindy Jones. If her mental health issues have been treated there is no reason she is not fit to serve. It seems that not liking her political views makes her past mental health issues fair game. Maybe we should ask those that think her past medical history is relevant some questions about their past.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The Post endorses democrats, even if they are criminals.

As for Cindy Jones. If her mental health issues have been treated there is no reason she is not fit to serve. It seems that not liking her political views makes her past mental health issues fair game. Maybe we should ask those that think her past medical history is relevant some questions about their past.

Yes, if they run for elective office, absolutely.

sockgirl77

There are people who cannot get a security clearance to sit at a desk and answer phones on a naval base due to their past mental issues. :shrug:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have to admit I thought the same thing when I first saw her name and that she was running for office again. Especially after the way the whole situation was swept under the rug three years ago. Then I read that she was running for State Senate against Larry Jarboe and someone else on the Democratic primary ticket. Once I read that dismissed the whole thing. No way in hell I see any of them beating Dyson in November, its just not going to happen. So for me this is a non issue. I also think this may be why she chose to run again for the county commissioner seat. Too many people, too little time.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Who's her competition?

Republican side: Steve Waugh
Democrat side (NOV): Roy Dyson

Hank

my war
There are people who cannot get a security clearance to sit at a desk and answer phones on a naval base due to their past mental issues. :shrug:

Yeah, sorry... but a chick that goes into her shed to try to off herself (allegedly) 3 short years ago is definitely not stable. I don't care what meds you're taking or shrink you're seeing. Hell if I want her making my decisions. Sorry.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You are correct, I messed it up like 3 times. Sorry. Still Dyson will win like he always does and even if he doesn't, she'll never make it past the primary.

Waugh will win the primary and the General. Dyson has been very conspicuous in his absences at various functions of late.

FollowTheMoney

Just in case... "The following is the opinion of the writer."
Unlike here at SOMD's finest forum, The Bay Net censors, will not publish, any opposing views on their choices.
I wouldn't trust anything they say or write at all. Most likely they are endorsing the candidates that advertise with them anyway.
And I quite agree, The Bay Net just ruined their status of being unbiased. Once what might have been though of a site of impartiality can
now only be seen as partisan, especially since Dick Myers is on their editorial staff and a Bay Net reporter. Dick is a democrat political
hack that used to work for MD Senator Roy Dyson and US Senator Barbara Mikulski as press staff. Anything he writes always has a
political slant to benefit the democrats.
In short, The Bay Net cannot be trusted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It seems that not liking her political views makes her past mental health issues fair game.

No sir. I voted for her and endorsed her on these forums. The excuse was that she was exhausted doing her Commissioner work (which is freaking ridiculous because they don't really do anything). If the job is going to be that stressful for her that she tries to hang herself, I cannot consider her for re-election.