I'll bet his nickname is "shawtayyyyyy"

GregV814

THEFT: On 5/22/2014 at 11:08 am, Senior Trooper Gill responded to the Grand Rental Station in Solomons for a reported theft. An unknown black male was observed exiting the store with a chainsaw concealed under his shirt. The chainsaw has been entered into NCIC. Pawn shops in the area will be checked. Investigation continues.

frequentflier

happy to be living
THEFT: On 5/22/2014 at 11:08 am, Senior Trooper Gill responded to the Grand Rental Station in Solomons for a reported theft. An unknown black male was observed exiting the store with a chainsaw concealed under his shirt. The chainsaw has been entered into NCIC. Pawn shops in the area will be checked. Investigation continues.

So everyone is assuming he pawned it instead of using it to make money cutting down trees?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
you never worked in DC

instead of

whats up couz
whats happening brotha

ay ay shawatey, whatz happening

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
from the urban dictionary

shawty
A term orginating in Atlanta that, in the beginning, referred to a short person or child, but the span of the word has grown to include any and all people, especially a girl that is attractive; it is mostly used as a term of endearment to others or just a way of addressing someone, like 'Wassup Man,' Instead of "Man", shawty is used.
NOTE: Can be shortened to "shawt" or "shawtdawg".
"Waddup Shawty, when you coming over?"

you never worked in DC

instead of

whats up couz
whats happening brotha

ay ay shawatey, whatz happening

imagesCAWRG1T9.jpg

BernieP

Resident PIA
I've moved past the name... I am still processing the image of a chainsaw being "hidden" under a shirt.
You would think someone would have seen him doing it BEFORE he got out the door.
Somehow doubt he was running.... would that be like running with scissors in your hand?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
along drawn out

shorty ... ebonics

thanks captain obvious. the confusion isn't over "what's a shawty" but why is his nickname assumed to be "shawty". Waiting for the old man to clarify but I'm guessing since he was described as a black male, OP is just assuming his nickname is "shawty".

GregV814

well, a chainsaw has a long bar guide for the blade to ride on. it would seem plausible for part of the "bar" to be cast down his trousers, in the front for concealment....I doubt I would cram a large sharp cutting device down my trousers and not expect a dramatic alteration of my body.......OLD MAN, who you callin OLD MAN ???!!! LOL