Capital Meat Truck

Has anyone every bought meat from them? I find them to be rude and pushy. They showed up in my driveway today and start pulling out boxes of meat to give me a "deal". I kept telling them no. They wouldn't leave. My kids were playing in the yard or I never would have talked with them. Finally I had to tell my kids to go inside and we shut the door to get them out of the driveway.

Made that mistake a couple years ago... Over priced and the meat is nasty !!!!!! Tried one of the steaks and threw it all away.

garyt27

INAFJ
No way! no no no. never. Tell them if they come back they will be considered trespassers and will be dealt with accordingly.

RPMDAD

Has anyone every bought meat from them? I find them to be rude and pushy. They showed up in my driveway today and start pulling out boxes of meat to give me a "deal". I kept telling them no. They wouldn't leave. My kids were playing in the yard or I never would have talked with them. Finally I had to tell my kids to go inside and we shut the door to get them out of the driveway.

Agree have found them rude and pushy. I think a relative of mine bought some stuff from them once and it was definitely not a good quality purchase.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm trying to think what I would do if I told some salesdouche to get out of my driveway and he didn't do it. It probably wouldn't involve *me* leaving, I'm sure.

Anyway, you have to wonder about people who'll buy meat out of a cold call truck.

C

czygvtwkr

Just say "What part of buying meat out of the back of a truck in the middle of summer sounds like a good idea to you"?

C

czygvtwkr

I'm trying to think what I would do if I told some salesdouche to get out of my driveway and he didn't do it. It probably wouldn't involve *me* leaving, I'm sure.

Anyway, you have to wonder about people who'll buy meat out of a cold call truck.

The only time they ever bothered me I was working on my chainsaw, every time they tried to talk i gassed it.

tagg7

They came to my house today too. Two guys, in their twenties I would guess. He rolled his window down and I told him I was not interested and waved him on. His buddy rolled his window down started banging on his passenger side door and yelled something I couldn't make out. The driver started blasting his horn, shaking his head and pulled out of my driveway. Being I was about the same age, and pissed they acted so rude, I gave them the finger, expecting him just to flip me off back. Bad idea. Passenger rolled down his window called me a dumb broke B, they threw it in reverse and pulled back in my driveway. He asked if my boyfriend was home and yelled from his car 'what stops me from coming over there and beating the S out of you'. I remained silent and didn't comment,I made a huge mistake flicking them off from the get go. He eventually left, and I called the police. Their advice is to call if they show again and do not leave. Do not make the same mistake I did, be careful with these people, do not cop an attitude just call the police if you aren't interested and can't get them to leave.

Goldenhawk

I guess step 1 is asking them to leave. Step 2 is saying calmly "I warned you to leave. I'm now dialing 911..." (while dialing 411 or something else so you don't have to mess with actually filing a report five minutes later). Step 3 is (if necessary) noting their license plate info and actually dialing 911.

I'm pretty sure if you're calm about it, they'll be gone fairly quickly - even if the threat of the police is necessary.

willie

The guy told me his regular customer down the road wasn't home to get his order so he had this super deal for me. I said "don't you remember me? I fell for that exact line 3 years ago and it was lousy meat". He thanked me for my time and left.

karen_grip

Yesterday I went to the Amish farm across from Bannekar School to get some corn. These jerks were back there giving the woman a hard time because she wouldn't buy meat from them. When I drove up they asked me and I told them I was a vegetarian so no. They continued to harass the woman who was alone at the stand with young children. I decided to stay with her until they left. After they finally left she told me she was very frightened and thanked me for staying.

nobody really

I need a nap
I wonder if MD Attorney General for consumer affairs knows about this. Its not like they slap a magnetic sign on their truck, they seem to have a fleet of them, i saw one of their vans the other day in north beach. Nobody seems to have a good opinion of them.

The company needs to have whatever license they have to sell stuff yanked.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
He came to my door and gave his pitch and after he was all done I told him that I was sorry but I was a vegetarian. (Which I really am) He looked at me for a second like I was a space alien and then said “we have chicken too!” I asked him how many vegetarians he knows that only eat chicken as I shut the door.

:lol:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
they come to our area from time to time.... they are always greeted with dog teeth and gun drawn...

they never get to the door as they always turn and move to the next person. :coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Made that mistake a couple years ago... Over priced and the meat is nasty !!!!!! Tried one of the steaks and threw it all away.

Beat me to it, don't knowwhich "company" it was, but same results. Definitely not as advertised.

There are plenty of other retail options. I put "company" in quotes because I get the idea these are independents, not illegal, but they definitely seem to put on a high pressure sales pitch for low quality goods.

BTW, if you want to want frozen, talk to the butcher - maybe Nick's. Sometimes they can package the meat and flash freeze it better than we can at home.