Dairy Queen

Urbanite

Just thought I 'd share that the Dairy Queen in Charlotte Hall is open ( but don't tell a soul - we don't want long lines), and I can personally vouch for their banana split :banana::banana::banana:

mudpuddle

Just thought I 'd share that the Dairy Queen in Charlotte Hall is open ( but don't tell a soul - we don't want long lines), and I can personally vouch for their banana split :banana::banana::banana:

You've got to be kidding---I've been there twice already and there is hardly room to stand inside! (which is great for business!) Just wish they would have built it bigger!
Bought an ice cream cake there for 1/2 price, and it was out-of-this-world!
Welcome DQ!!!! We love you in Charlotte Hall!

puggymom

You're a little late for lines. Somehow my kids (I include my almost 40 husband in the kids category) convinced me to get them Blizzards on opening day. It was a MADHOUSE. The drive thru line was wrapped around the building with additional cars coming from the second entrance. I was in line 45 minutes.
I'm definitely going to wait for the buzz to die down a bit before going back.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Everytime I drove by it has been very busy.

It's just another hambuger joint with ice cream people...geez.

I have noticed Rita's and Berts have had no lines for ice cream since DQ opened!

mudpuddle

Everytime I drove by it has been very busy.

It's just another hambuger joint with ice cream people...geez.

I have noticed Rita's and Berts have had no lines for ice cream since DQ opened!

DQ has the best ice cream around!!! Like I said before, their ice cream cakes are out of this world!
Rita's has always been expensive and Berts ice cream is horrible. Always has been since they were bought out! I haven't been there in years....I am really happy they have competition now.
I can't wait for "Sweet Frog" to open in Charlotte Hall! Finally some worthwhile places are coming!

Urbanite

DQ has the best ice cream around!!! Like I said before, their ice cream cakes are out of this world!
Rita's has always been expensive and Berts ice cream is horrible. Always has been since they were bought out! I haven't been there in years....I am really happy they have competition now.
I can't wait for "Sweet Frog" to open in Charlotte Hall! Finally some worthwhile places are coming!

Agree with you 100% on DQ and also on Berts, hasn't been the same since they were bought out -

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Yes, the spectacle is reminiscent of when McDonald's opened years ago with lines of people out the doors and cars sitting on Rt 5 waiting to order some food.

mitzi

Yes, the spectacle is reminiscent of when McDonald's opened years ago with lines of people out the doors and cars sitting on Rt 5 waiting to order some food.

I remember that well. At the time, that was the first fast food in the area.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I guess that we are dating ourselves by knowing/remembering such. The reactions for Arby's, Wendy's, Popeye's and BK were far more subdued. Makes one wonder what/will can be built next to cause such a commotion in the north end of the county.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I guess that we are dating ourselves by knowing/remembering such. The reactions for Arby's, Wendy's, Popeye's and BK were far more subdued. Makes one wonder what/will can be built next to cause such a commotion in the north end of the county.

A Sonic! :jameo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Didn't the same thing happen with A&W/Long John Silvers on GM Rd? Traffic lined up down the road waiting to get in there. :bigwhoop:

BigBlue

For God's sake don't tell Vrai ,we will end up with another 10 page thread on DQ's parking lot !!!:killingme

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Congratulations Charlotte Hall you now have 5 fast food restaurants within 1 mile of each other and for your shopping urges, 2 Dollar Stores, 2 thrift shops, and the Farmer's Market! Keep growing with this business model.

SO

MUCH

WIN

Hank

my war
Congratulations Charlotte Hall you now have 5 fast food restaurants within 1 mile of each other and for your shopping urges, 2 Dollar Stores, 2 thrift shops, and the Farmer's Market! Keep growing with this business model.

SO

MUCH

WIN

Ha! No doubt. And one sit-down restaurant..... St. Mary's Landing :barf:

RPMDAD

Didn't the same thing happen with A&W/Long John Silvers on GM Rd? Traffic lined up down the road waiting to get in there. :bigwhoop:

Wow, Long John Silvers, haven't heard that name in years, used to eat at one in Forestville Md. many many years ago, used to be pretty good back then. Also remember and Artur Treachers around Marlow Heights, and maybe Waldorf a long time ago. Used to really like Arthur Treachers.

MMM_donuts

I will drive to Charlotte Hall from Pax just to get myself a dipped cone from DQ. The hard part is choosing between chocolate or butterscotch....