Calvert Gestapo out in full force today!

FollowTheMoney

All rested?

So, you work hard. In today's economy, it's not easy to raise a family, let alone
support a single person, on stagnate wages. Maybe you are one of those that
are employed by a company that follows a five day work week and that also
recognizes July 4th as a holiday and were granted that day off with pay. Though
it seems that is becoming to a lesser extent. Happily, this years 4th fell on a
Friday, so, as a bonus, you are able to plan and enjoy a three day weekend with
friends and family. A picnic at the park, or on your boat fishing, relaxing at the
beach or a family campground. Maybe you stayed home relaxing in the garden
tending to your plants?

Some viewed fireworks on the 4th, if they weren't cancelled due to the weather.
Others might have had to wait until the 5th, while others might have been fortunate
enough to have seen them on both nights. Either way, I am sure we were all
thankful to have had the time to be with family and friends to enjoy them. Maybe
to even reflect on what those fireworks actually represent.

After a long three days, come Sunday afternoon, some might be preparing for the
work week ahead.... Monday morning comes early ya know.

Monday morning, coffee in hand, sitting in 'ol Betsy at sunrise, you give her some
gas, start her up, ease her out of the driveway and head on out. You feel good.
You had a great and memorable three day weekend. You have yet to download
all those pictures and short mini-movies of those times from your phone. You are
still amazed that that phone of yours can store all that stuff. Traffic is going smoothly,
you sip on your coffee. Glancing up you see it, too late... radar trap. Deputies
everywhere.

The Gestapo revenue agents of Calvert County dressed up in their para-military
costumes playing wanna be soldier boy are out in full force. No, drivers aren't
driving recklessly. Let's call it safe driving while maintaining vehicle safely going
with the flow of traffic. They are letting you know who is in charge. Hey, you
let your guard down after the relaxing three day weekend. Hundreds of
thousands of vehicle miles driven from tens of thousands vehicles, drive route 4
and other roads daily, without incident. Yet there they are, picking out a "speeder"
here and a "speeder" there from a pack of "speeders." Is there honor in this type
of "enforcement?" And really, is 65 speeding on route 4, or 235/5 for that matter?

Before all you propagandized, properly conditioned, (public school educated)
brain washed, "good" citizens, start commenting; notice that there is nothing
that can be said to change your conditioning short of that frustration you feel
when it happens to you, many, many times over. Not just with automotive, any
interaction with "the law." Then you might begin to understand.

Without saying more, leaving space for comments to others, we celebrated freedom
this past weekend only to continue to start living in tyranny today. Allowing those
whom we have given authority to govern, that instead have become our rulers.

RPMDAD

Just curious here FollowTheMoney, how fast were you going over the limit for you to call the CCSO Gestapo, it sounds like they wrote you a ticket for 1 or 2 mph over. PS the CCSO SOT officers, are not playing wanna be soldier boys.

Justme2

Well That is true but you have thought your whole life you were in control but if fact your really not.
Of course opinions are like AZZ Hats. Since you mentioned your phone and the pack of speeders you got caught doing something this time. But just remember all those times you knew better and still wanted to do it anyway and got away with it.Glad you enjoyed your weekend sorry you won a prize I will say fight it. It may help with you insurance rate. Just remember somebody some where has paid a bigger price for you to have the freedom to make a choice.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
And really, is 65 speeding on route 4, or 235/5 for that matter?

Why yes, it apparently is. The posted speed LIMIT is 55 mph along most of Route 4, so basically driving 65 mph is considered exceeding the posted speed limit. More commonly referred to as speeding.

Not brainwashed. Just stating the fact of the matter. :shrug:

Roman

Hey, FollowTheMoney...do you have cruise control? Use that instead of B!tching about our men in blue. They are doing their jobs. Imagine what life would be without them!

FollowTheMoney

Unbelievable. All the responses are all from chicken vacuums who go straight for the accusations and asinine suggestions.
No, I was not one of the many ticketed today. I saw many that were though.
And RPMDAD, since when do those that are on SOT write tickets. All dressed up and no where to go! They are wanna be.
They are just itching to use those awesome police powers to justify their existence.
ROMAN: Life would be just fine without them, as it was before. You know, when men would protect their families and property
without the reliance of others? Take responsibility for their actions? Or is that something wholly unfamiliar to you?
Bunch of lemmings!

Roman

Unbelievable. All the responses are all from chicken vacuums who go straight for the accusations and asinine suggestions.
No, I was not one of the many ticketed today. I saw many that were though.
And RPMDAD, since when do those that are on SOT write tickets. All dressed up and no where to go! They are wanna be.
They are just itching to use those awesome police powers to justify their existence.
ROMAN: Life would be just fine without them, as it was before. You know, when men would protect their families and property
without the reliance of others? Take responsibility for their actions? Or is that something wholly unfamiliar to you?
Bunch of lemmings!
For someone who has been a member since 2006, with only 47 posts, you sure do come on here with your daggers out!!!! Can you imagine trying to close your eyes at night, with your whole family in the house, and vehicles in the driveway, everything you own, or cherish is are within the reach of someone who wants to steal, kidnap, or harm it! Let's be realistic here. I'm not a Lemming, are you?

FollowTheMoney

For someone who has been a member since 2006, with only 47 posts, you sure do come on here with your daggers out!!!! Can you imagine trying to close your eyes at night, with your whole family in the house, and vehicles in the driveway, everything you own, or cherish is are within the reach of someone who wants to steal, kidnap, or harm it! Let's be realistic here. I'm not a Lemming, are you?
I am being realistic. Am as you say, "Can you imagine trying to close your eyes at night, with your whole family in the house, and vehicles in the driveway, everything you own, or cherish is are within the reach of someone who wants to steal, kidnap, or harm it!"
I live that statement. Well, maybe not the kidnap part. But I rely on myself to ensure the safely of my family and property, not on the police or government. And what's wrong with daggers?
The point of the original post was to bring awareness to what we have become as a country. What we have allowed to be done to us under the guise of safety.
I was writing about those plain working people going to work getting pulled over. Seeing the looks on their faces.
Personally, I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 15 years, and that was in another state (where I found out that exceeding the speed limit by a certain amount can land you in jail immediately, not that it happened).
This country has become a lawless country where certain laws are enforced, the revenue generating kind, and those that are not, mortgage fraud, illegal immigration, you name it etc.
I can't fix it, you can't fix it. But I'm turning my wrenches trying.

..........I like daggers.

glhs837

Power with Control
Do I think the limit could be safely higher there, sure. Do I think the focus on speed enforcement isn't in our best interests? Yep. Would I complain about getting a ticket? Nope. The officers are doing what they are told to do, and the leadership is directing them to do that based on what the citizens asked for.

mamatutu

mama to two
Wow, FTM. I am surprised at your outburst. I have seen your posts, and they are always informative and helpful. I have never gotten a ticket for any reason, and am proud of that. But, if I do, I can reason I probably deserved it. If this helps, we live off of Broomes Island. My daughter got a ticket going to work...51 in a 45. I thought that sucked, but whatever. It was her first and only ticket, and that was 8 years ago. I am sure my day is coming, but I will hold on as long as I can. Seriously, don't take it so hard. It is not the end of the world. However, if I can hold onto my ticketless record, it will be on my tombstone. "She never got a ticket" :lol: I know how I will feel if I ever get one. I can commiserate with you even though it hasn't happened to me yet! :smile:

RPMDAD

Wow, FTM. I am surprised at your outburst. I have seen your posts, and they are always informative and helpful. I have never gotten a ticket for any reason, and am proud of that. But, if I do, I can reason I probably deserved it. If this helps, we live off of Broomes Island. My daughter got a ticket going to work...51 in a 45. I thought that sucked, but whatever. It was her first and only ticket, and that was 8 years ago. I am sure my day is coming, but I will hold on as long as I can. Seriously, don't take it so hard. It is not the end of the world. However, if I can hold onto my ticketless record, it will be on my tombstone. "She never got a ticket" :lol: I know how I will feel if I ever get one. I can commiserate with you even though it hasn't happened to me yet! :smile:

FTM, didn't even get a ticket, he's just bashing CCSO. Sure he would have done the same thing if it had been an MSP radar trap.

mamatutu

mama to two
FTM, didn't even get a ticket, he's just bashing CCSO. Sure he would have done the same thing if it had been an MSP radar trap.

Oops! I guess I missed that part. I am still surprised at the outburst. I for one am glad that we have our LEO's. What would we have without them. Answer: chaos. I do wonder sometimes when I see the crazies going down the road and expect to pass them getting a ticket, but I never do. I don't get no satisfaction! :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
SOT officers still have to do road patrols. The fact that were in their utilities just saves them from trying to change into them in case they had to respond to some incident. :shrug: You did not get caught for speeding so why piss and moan about guys doing their jobs?

TPD

the poor dad
FTM - I know where you are coming from and I feel your frustration. And what I hate more are those seat belt enforcement tickets - I DO NOT NEED MY GOVERNMENT PROTECTING ME FROM ME! I am very capable of deciding when and where I need protection.

edreedisgod20

I always laugh when I see people whining about getting a ticket on 4 (or in a case like this, whining about the cops doing their jobs). Always think the same thing, people who get tickets on Rt 4 are mostly idiots and bad drivers. Not knocking the CCSO or MSP by any means here but they sit in the same spots every time, if you are an attentive driver who 4 every day, whether you speed or not, you shouldn't get a ticket. It's not hard to slow down when you know you are approaching a spot they sit, then speed back up after you pass or see they aren't there...not to mention that in many cases you can see them well in advance anyway.

My favorite is when they run radar near the Rec Center in Solomons, you can see them from the light there by Asbury, if you, you know, pay attention, but it never fails that you will pass by and see 2, 3, 4 cars there at a time. :killingme

I don't disagree that the speed limit on 4 could stand to be 60 or 65, but it's not and laws are laws. :shrug:

donbarzini

Let's see now...................getting a ticket for speeding.........................being one of six million to get a Zyklon B shower because you're Jewish. Yeah, they're about the same.

Moron

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Could of just cut to the chase, I'm not educated as you said, too many words in there for me... You hate POLICE, but we need them so get over it!!! Who's out there undercover getting drugs off street so YOUR kids don't get caught up in that, Who's looking for robbers, burglers etc etc all the other sh1t they do. What would you do if YOUR wife got raped, you going to do all the DETECTIVE work yourself???? Hey i hate them as much as you SOMETIMES, but crying about speeding, sorry get a radar detector...