Al Gore

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Dems should really have him assassinated. He went on another bender today, apparently, and the highlights I'm watching on Hannity are pretty embarrassing.

SmallTown

Football season!
I saw it. He wasn't as bad today as he was in his previous outings. He at least seemed more like Gore than Dean this time :ohwell:

rraley

Could someone provide a link to a copy of Gore's remarks. I only caught a little bit about the speech at the end of Crossfire and have not seen any clips of it. I suppose that that the lack of coverage suggests he didn't go ape crap like he did last time.

SamSpade

Originally posted by rraley
I suppose that that the lack of coverage suggests he didn't go ape crap like he did last time.

Or that he did and people are just used to it by now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I suppose that that the lack of coverage suggests he didn't go ape crap like he did last time.
Mmmm....no....it was pretty much the same as the one at NYU, complete with yelling, ranting, accusations and name-calling. I'll try and find you a transcript. It's a damn shame what the Democratic party has fallen to.

sifl

If Al Gore 'really' won the last election, why didn't the Dems trot him out again for this one? If GW Bush is such a pile of crap it should be Al in a landslide in '04.:confused:

i used a smiler

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Mmmm....no....it was pretty much the same as the one at NYU, complete with yelling, ranting, accusations and name-calling. I'll try and find you a transcript. It's a damn shame what the Democratic party has fallen to.

I think you caught it when they showed his two previous outings. Even the news guy mentioned how much he mellowed for yesterdays speech.

SmallTown

Football season!
Nope, it said he was at Georgetown, which was yesterday.

I saw the exact same show, and he was more calm on this trip. The other two they showed were pretty wild. I thought they had morphed gore's face onto dean's body.

His message still sucks, but at least he spreads the word on a lower key

rraley

If you have watched one of Dick Cheney's speeches that he gives you would question how far the Republican Party has fallen. Not only are his speeches unlimited attacks on Senator Kerry, his tone of voice makes me view him as completely sinister. Cheney isn't the only Republican who gives these terrible speeches. Senator Bill Frist recently told a gathering of Tennesse Republicans that the November ballot "offered a choice between good and evil." So explain to me how a four term senator, prosecutor, and Vietnam volunteer is evil?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have watched one of Dick Cheney's speeches that he gives you would question how far the Republican Party has fallen.
I don't find Cheney sinister or vitriolic in the slightest. Kerry has a lot to attack - his voting record and past peccadillos, to name two. Certainly the Democrats aren't going to highlight these things, but we Americans still have a right to know.

When Cheney starts saying that some POW camp is John Kerry's "gulag", wake me up. :yawn: I don't think you can even put Cheney in the same class as Al Gore. Who, let me remind you, was the Democrats' choice for Prez in 2000.

Maybe Cheney is sick of all the nasty rhetoric, lies and distortions - I know I am - and that's why he cussed Leahy. Fact is the Democrats have sunk lower than worms beneath dirt. It's a pity.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...I don't think Kerry is evil in and of himself.

So explain to me how a four term senator, prosecutor, and Vietnam volunteer is evil?

His voting record and clueless vacilating in terms of Iraq, Al Queda and the War on Terra could be considered evil when you consider what we may end up having with Senator Kerry as Prez.

Against Gulf War.

For Iraq War.

Against funding Iraq War.

Would 9/11 have happened with President Kerry at the helm? Of course not becuase he would have:

:confused:

What would he have done had it happened under his watch? Simple. He would have:

:confused:

His record, oh, his record do make it a big question. The mans record is left of Sen. Ted Kennedy and that is pretty damn scary.
At least with Clinton and Gore (when they had the job) there is a record that they considered these problems.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Senator Bill Frist recently told a gathering of Tennesse Republicans that the November ballot "offered a choice between good and evil."
I hate to be a noodge about this but...I can't seem to find any reference to this comment anywhere on the net. Is this something you actually heard or just something you picked up somewhere? Also, what were his exact words and in what context were they said?

Forgive me for being suspicious but I've seen enough spin over the last few years that I only want transcripts, not paraphrasing.

rraley

I don't find Cheney sinister or vitriolic in the slightest. Kerry has a lot to attack - his voting record and past peccadillos, to name two. Certainly the Democrats aren't going to highlight these things, but we Americans still have a right to know.

I don't think you can even put Cheney in the same class as Al Gore. Who, let me remind you, was the Democrats' choice for Prez in 2000.

Maybe Cheney is sick of all the nasty rhetoric, lies and distortions - I know I am - and that's why he cussed Leahy. Fact is the Democrats have sunk lower than worms beneath dirt. It's a pity.

I was saying that his tone of voice (aka the mumbling, lack of inflection) seems sinister. I didn't make that point explicitly clear.

Al Gore was the nominee of our party in 2000, when he was the voice of moderation and the DLC. Ever since he lost, he's got hardcore left and as a result, he would never again win the nomination of the party (look at how well Dean did this time out). We live in the future and I have not heard Senator Kerry call Bush a terrible name.

Vrai, you mention that the Republicans have alot to attack in Kerry's record. Well they have done that by distorting and not telling the whole story. For instance, Kerry said in one speech ten years ago that he would consider a fifty cent gas tax. After he studied the subject more, he decided against pushing for it. It took President Bush's leading economic adviser to drop his push for it only two years ago. Republicans talk about how John Kerry wanted to cut funding for intelligence programs in the 1990s. They cite his proposal to cut $1.5 billion from a CIA program. Well his proposal did not pass; the Republican proposal to cut $3.2 billion was adopted. Karl Rove and the boys have distorted Kerry's record to where it is completely not representative of what he stands for.

And I would like to tell you that it is not a fact that the Democratic Party have "sunk lower the the worms beneath the dirt." That my dear is your own opinion; mine is completely different. I believe that Democrats are making the point that so much could be done better right now concerning the economy, Iraq, health care, and the budget deficit and many of us are out there making real arguments rather than resorting to name calling. And I firmly believe that in November, there will be a new president in John Kerry and a Democratic Senate - the House is GOP for the next ten years with the wonderful gerrymanders we saw throughout the nation for the Republicans' benefit.

rraley

I hate to be a noodge about this but...I can't seem to find any reference to this comment anywhere on the net. Is this something you actually heard or just something you picked up somewhere? Also, what were his exact words and in what context were they said?

Forgive me for being suspicious but I've seen enough spin over the last few years that I only want transcripts, not paraphrasing.

It is quite alright, I understand. I cited that line from what I heard from one of my friends that I met last summer at a summer program at Georgetown University. According to her, Frist said it to his summer interns once they reached Washington for orientation or whatever.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
And I would like to tell you that it is not a fact that the Democratic Party have "sunk lower the the worms beneath the dirt." That my dear is your own opinion; mine is completely different.

I believe that Democrats are making the point that so much could be done better right now concerning the economy, Iraq, health care, and the budget deficit and many of us are out there making real arguments rather than resorting to name calling. And I firmly believe that in November, there will be a new president in John Kerry and a Democratic Senate - the House is GOP for the next ten years with the wonderful gerrymanders we saw throughout the nation for the Republicans' benefit.
:cool: I will be anticipating the delivery of Sen. Zell Millers' speech at the GOP National Convention this year.(He's been invited to speak there.)

Also, I wonder if this same gentleman would agree with your assessment of the Democratic Party. I'm fairly sure he's written a book concerning the demise of the party; a party he has vigorously supported all his political life.

I was surprised he didn't try to "jump ship", and convert to the Republican Party, but he has tremendous respect and love for his chosen group of politicians, and considers switching parties beneath him.

Quite a noble gentleman, I think.