Sonic...

CRHS89

Actually they weren't busy at all yesterday at lunchtime. I pulled right up to the drive thru and ordered. Maybe the word had already gotten out that they had no ketchup...lol.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

If they can't even plan for a rush of people, which has been demonstrated numerous times in this area when a new restaurant opens, it tells me that the quality of service and possible of the food is not up to par.

To run out of a basic condiment at lunch time one a Friday tells me the place is poorly managed and makes me suspect the quality of the food, how can the manager manage his/her employees if they can't even ensure adequate quantities of basic think a BURGER JOINT needs.

PeoplesElbow

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

If they can't even plan for a rush of people, which has been demonstrated numerous times in this area when a new restaurant opens, it tells me that the quality of service and possible of the food is not up to par.

To run out of a basic condiment at lunch time one a Friday tells me the place is poorly managed and makes me suspect the quality of the food, how can the manager manage his/her employees if they can't even ensure adequate quantities of basic think a BURGER JOINT needs.

That is just a condiment, I went to IHOP once and they was out of pancake batter. The International House of Pancakes was out of pancakes!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Just my understanding but...
Franchises can't just run out and buy, everything come on the truck, if the truck is late, they run out.
My guess (again based on what I've heard from others) is the that this franchise is at the end of the line and the truck probably didn't offload enough supplies on the previous run and/or is delayed up the road.
A dozen or so years ago an IGA manager bemoaned the fact the trucks sometimes didn't show up. His business just wasn't worth the effort to make the delivery.
Been to Giant lately? Often find holes on shelves, sounds like the new management cut back on their deliveries.

BigBlue

Been to Giant lately? Often find holes on shelves, sounds like the new management cut back on their deliveries.

Actually no , they sold their dry grocery business to a company called C&S(the walmart of grocery suppliers) and they run an automated warehouse out of PA, it was in the papers about 2/3 years ago .

bulldog

Went to Sonic today at about 4:00 p.m. Went for a limeaid, but decided to go ahead and eat too. They were STILL out of ketchup and they are now (or were then) also out of tea.

Wife asked for some honey mustard and mayo for her order. Dude brought out 3 of each and when she told him she only needed one of each he said, "that's okay, just toss the others".

PeoplesElbow

Went to Sonic today at about 4:00 p.m. Went for a limeaid, but decided to go ahead and eat too. They were STILL out of ketchup and they are now (or were then) also out of tea.

Wife asked for some honey mustard and mayo for her order. Dude brought out 3 of each and when she told him she only needed one of each he said, "that's okay, just toss the others".

Was going to say I bet half of it was just thrown away.

A former LJS manager told me that they got graded on things and one of them was how many condiment packets got used per customer.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

A former LJS manager told me that they got graded on things and one of them was how many condiment packets got used per customer.

You are correct, for some silly reason they get all worked up over those little packets. I hate having to ask for a straw, a napkin or those other golden ticket items. I can't stand the look they give you, or they roll their eyes and act like you are robbing their retirement plan. These places worry over the most stupid stuff. I can sit inside and drink free soda refills for four hours but don't ask them for a sauce or a pack of crackers because those are some high dollar item.

P.S. Apparently Sonic has had the slushy machine break today so it appears they have gotten off to quite a rough start. I did see a young lady practicing her skating in a hotel parking lot on 235 a few weeks back. I am guessing she was practicing for her new job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Poor management. These kids don't know from jack, which is why supervisors were invented. But if the supervisors aren't trained either...well.....

Whoever designed that drive thru needs a kick in the ass.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Poor management. These kids don't know from jack, which is why supervisors were invented. But if the supervisors aren't trained either...well.....

Whoever designed that drive thru needs a kick in the ass.

I am guessing this is not a company store, with a traveling staff - for openings