Here we go again, it's only a matter of time

RPMDAD

Tempe bans e-cigarettes in public places

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe just became the first Arizona city to ban electronic cigarettes in bars, restaurants and enclosed public places.

The Tempe City Council voted 5-1 Thursday to approve the ordinance but not without opposition from citizens.

"I think that's a loss for me as someone who's trying to avoid (smoking)," said Charles Ory, who has been trying to kick the habit for about 20 years. "Gum, patches, cold turkey -- you name it, I've tried it."

But then Ory tried e-cigarettes.

"It's been amazing," he said. "It's a wonderful alternative to smoking."

E-cigarettes are battery-operated products that turn nicotine and other chemicals into an aerosol, which is inhaled by the user. They are designed to look like conventional cigarettes, cigars and pipes.

People trying to quit smoking aren't the only ones upset by the ban. Some business owners think they should be able to decide whether to allow "vaping" in their establishments.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Tempe-bans-e-cigarettes-in-pubic-places-269758751.html?hpt=us_bn10

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I'm getting fed up with this country.
Yea but you have no problem with the government telling people how they should eat, now the government is exercising that same power you but this time except it effects you and you don't like it.

Cry me an eff'ing river.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yea but you have no problem with the government telling people how they should eat, now the government is exercising that same power you but this time except it effects you and you don't like it.

Cry me an eff'ing river.

Now? NOW the government is exercising power? Just now? Like, OMG, finally? Now? At long last now???

If you're going to follow me around here and stalk all my posts so you can punch me in the arm like a 3rd grade boy, the very LEAST you could do is ACTUALLY READ THEM. Barring that, you could have a nodding acquaintance with the social events over which you blather.

Mother of GOD!!!!! :banghead:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Now? NOW the government is exercising power? Just now? Like, OMG, finally? Now? At long last now???

If you're going to follow me around here and stalk all my posts so you can punch me in the arm like a 3rd grade boy, the very LEAST you could do is ACTUALLY READ THEM. Barring that, you could have a nodding acquaintance with the social events over which you blather.

So I take it you don't have me on ignore anymore.:whistle:

Hank

my war

Cry me an eff'ing river.

affects :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"I think that's a loss for me as someone who's trying to avoid (smoking)," said Charles Ory, ]

Well, Chuck, welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave!!! See, how it works is this; we SAY we only want the best for you but, what we really want is to control you. Period.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of
authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was
made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There
are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to
govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
-- Daniel Webster

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Tempe bans e-cigarettes in public places

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe just became the first Arizona city to ban electronic cigarettes in bars, restaurants and enclosed public places.

The Tempe City Council voted 5-1 Thursday to approve the ordinance but not without opposition from citizens.

"I think that's a loss for me as someone who's trying to avoid (smoking)," said Charles Ory, who has been trying to kick the habit for about 20 years. "Gum, patches, cold turkey -- you name it, I've tried it."

But then Ory tried e-cigarettes.

"It's been amazing," he said. "It's a wonderful alternative to smoking."

E-cigarettes are battery-operated products that turn nicotine and other chemicals into an aerosol, which is inhaled by the user. They are designed to look like conventional cigarettes, cigars and pipes.

People trying to quit smoking aren't the only ones upset by the ban. Some business owners think they should be able to decide whether to allow "vaping" in their establishments.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Tempe-bans-e-cigarettes-in-pubic-places-269758751.html?hpt=us_bn10

I just saw a sign someplace we were - wish I could remember where - but they said no vaping. It's really ridiculous as it causes no harm to anyone. It goes practically unnoticed by most people in an establishment and causes virtually no odor. For crap's sake you can't even see the vapor. (duh!)

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
This is the kind of thing your votes have told government you want over the last 50 years -- the warm bosom of government to keep you safe.

It's too late to complain now. STFU and live with it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's really ridiculous as it causes no harm to anyone. )

That is NOT true.

I am not kidding. How else do we really justify the stupid stuff we do in seeking to govern one another? This sort of thing isn't passed on a whim. It's not like passing National OCD Day or something trivial.

I am wondering what truly animates and motivates people to do these sorts of things; mandates OVER ostensibly free people.

There has to be some sort of discomfort, if not pain, in just letting people be. To be nice about it, I think it somewhat akin to a parent cringing as they let go of the bike and little one is on their own for the first time. Maybe some people never get over that and accept that letting go is the precise thing that allows one to become responsible and make their own decisions?

Maybe some sort of forensic study would reveal control freaks behind this sort of legislation that were never parents???

It HAS to cause them some sort of pain at the freedom of others to want to exercise this sort of control.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the kind of thing your votes have told government you want over the last 50 years -- the warm bosom of government to keep you safe.

It's too late to complain now. STFU and live with it.

It is NOT new. It is as old as man. And no, I will not shut the #### up. :buddies:

Bann

PREMO Member

Cry me an eff'ing river.

:yawn:

First of all, if you are talking about the School Lunch Programs, the government only sets standards for those schools accepting federal funding. I personally agree with that - in the same way I would agree with welfare recipients having to provide drug testing in order to prove they are drug free, in the same way I agree with other standards they have to meet in order to qualify to accept taxpayer money. My son has to meet certain requirements and qualifications in order to receive SSI. I am 100% okay with those requirements & qualifications. (many people are not)

2nd of all, you look like a flipping nutter butter chasing around and posting your ad nauseam :blahblah: to Vrai's posts every chance you get. :crazy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Cry me an eff'ing river.

Lemmy axe you a question;

Do you make a distinction between the citizen telling someone what they think they should do while having NO power, other than that of persuasion, to make it so, and, on the other hand, the gummint doing the same thing BUT with the mild distinction of promising to use force to make it so?

Any difference there? At all?

Bann

PREMO Member

:lmao:

Bann

PREMO Member
That is NOT true.

I am not kidding. How else do we really justify the stupid stuff we do in seeking to govern one another? This sort of thing isn't passed on a whim. It's not like passing National OCD Day or something trivial.

I am wondering what truly animates and motivates people to do these sorts of things; mandates OVER ostensibly free people.

There has to be some sort of discomfort, if not pain, in just letting people be. To be nice about it, I think it somewhat akin to a parent cringing as they let go of the bike and little one is on their own for the first time. Maybe some people never get over that and accept that letting go is the precise thing that allows one to become responsible and make their own decisions?

Maybe some sort of forensic study would reveal control freaks behind this sort of legislation that were never parents???

It HAS to cause them some sort of pain at the freedom of others to want to exercise this sort of control.

Did you see how Nancy Pelosi behaved on the floor of Congress the other day? She is absolutely drunk, jump the shark, nuke the fridge, outrageously, insanely stupefied DRUNK on her power. She is a legend in her own #dementiamustbesettingin mind. She and her minions have run amok.

THAT is what gives her the freedom to exercise this sort of control.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Did you see how Nancy Pelosi behaved on the floor of Congress the other day? She is absolutely drunk, jump the shark, nuke the fridge, outrageously, insanely stupefied DRUNK on her power. She is a legend in her own #dementiamustbesettingin mind. She and her minions have run amok.

Good example. What I want is 534 other members reminding her;

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits
drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hijinx

Well Damn---No one can argue with that post. Yes: She is drunk with power, She and Harry Reid ---two powerholics.

Hijinx

Good example. What I want is 534 other members reminding her;

You must be kidding. If you expect anything different from the Democrat House members than kissing Nancy's rear.
If you expect half the Republicans to stop making love to her posterior you are dreaming.

She has Boehner by the balls and he loves it.